Barcode Reader Corrupt Input

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by christopher.flores, Oct 7, 2013.

1. christopher.flores

christopher.flores Member

Hi Doomy,

This seems to be a very specific use case and I do not believe the Android client was created with this functionality in mind.

If such functionality is required, feel free to contact support and log this as a feature request so that it can be reviewed and considered down the line.

Thanks

JoshD likes this.
  2. andrews8

andrews8 Hunter

3. andrearambaldi

andrearambaldi Bit poster

I everybody,

I have the same issue, the barcode scanner send some times the correct code and some times it as ben broken in some digits or enter as suffix missing, the scanner is a DatalogicQD2100 and the client an android 4.4

I`ve changed a lot of parameters, about, speed and time delay on the scanner without effects, anyone as some idea?

4. lekimhoa

lekimhoa Bit poster

very good

5. dubaimodels

dubaimodels Bit poster

I have the same issue, the barcode scanner send some times the correct code and some times it as ben broken in some digits or enter as suffix missing.
    http://dubaimodels.co/index.html

6. KatharinaS

KatharinaS Bit poster

Hello everybody,
    i have the same issue.
    We were using Parallels 2X RDP client app in combination with a windows terminal server based application. Data wedge is configured to send barcodes as keystroke output to a simple textbox in that application.
    On the TC75, MC3200 and also newer versions of the TC55 (with both, 1d and 2d scanner) we encountered the behavior, that pressing the hardware-scan-button sends unwanted characters to the textbox. This happens regardless if the Data Wedge profile is enabled for the 2X RDP app or not - it happens everytime one presses the hardware-scan-button, but only within the RDP app.

We tested the following devices:

· TC55 with Android 4.1.2 and Data Wedge 1.7.4 - working as expected

· TC55 with Android 4.1.2 and Data Wedge 2.2.9 - it sends 'q'

· TC55 with Android 4.4.3 and Data Wedge 3.1.10 - it sends 'q'

· TC75 - it sends '*' (asterisks)

· MC3200 - it sends random characters (i.e. "***C===§$=$""*%()$")
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have any idea what could help me?