Any discount to switch from vmware to parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SoftoC, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi MerillF. Please let us know which license type for Parallels Desktop you're looking to purchase - is it a perpetual license, a license for the Pro Edition or a subscription license of the Home Edition?
    Hi DanielH11. Please refer to my question above and respond.
    Hi JasonH12. Please refer to my question above and respond.
    Hi StephanK2. Please refer to my question above and respond.

2. MarkW14

MarkW14 Bit poster

I've been a VMWare user for years (both PC and Mac). I, too, am curious about any upgrade deals. I have my PO information but no way to private message anybody yet. I just started the trial of 13 and it looks real promising. How does the Pro version help with Developers?

Thanks,

Mark

3. StephanK2

StephanK2 Bit poster

Sorry for the late response but i'm right back from a short holiday.

I don't like subscription models without a fallback solution like jetbrains it do.

I'm willing to go for the Pro Version but it's after all not clearly for me where the benefits for me.
    -> more CPU / RAM for the Virtual Machine is nice but after all i'm sitting front of a macbook - so in nearly most cases 8GB and 4 CPU Cores should reach for each vm i create.
    -> in my free time i don't need the ability to test Application with different Network speed settings, so it's only nice to have.
    -> The Visual Studio Plugin for Remote Debug Session sounds great but i don't need it at this moment and still not on my macbook.

Have i missed something to point out?
    In your chart you have the Point:
    Additional features for software developers, web developers, and testers

Can i see somewhere what exactly this additional features are?

Perhaps there a point where i say i go up for the Pro Version with Subscription and no fallback version.

Thanks for your time Hemnath

-Stephan

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    MarkW14 likes this.
  4. Tom17

Tom17 Bit poster

Hi Guys,

What was the outcome here? I've been using VMWare for a couple of years now but am on a trail for Parallels currently. Am thinking of making the switch but the upgrade fee of Fusion compared to the purchase fee of parallels is quite a lot.

5. MarcusC31

MarcusC31 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am a VMware Fusion user and am impressed with Parallels version 13. Please advise if you provide any discount for switching to Parallels Desktop Pro.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. Tom17

Tom17 Bit poster

I'm not sure there is any kind of discount any more for switchers. I've not heard anything so guess I may continue with the VMware Fusion purely due to cost. I was rather enjoying parallels for a change too.

7. MarkW14

MarkW14 Bit poster

No, I was just told that there is not. I was intrigued by Parallels but Fusion 10 just came out and for less money so...

8. JohnM46

JohnM46 Bit poster

Are there any discounts going on these days? VMware Fusion 10 came out and I'd love to switch back to Parallels...

9. RandyM1

RandyM1 Bit poster

I am a current long time VMware fusion customer. I want to switch to Parallels version 13. I saw some other folks were private messaged in regards to this. Can someone from parallels private message me what discounted offers are on the table?

Thanks!

10. GaryW7

GaryW7 Bit poster

Hi,
    Could someone contact me with any offers that you have for moving from Fusion (8.5) please?
    Thanks

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We would like to know if you are willing to purchase a standard one time license or standard subscription or Pro subscription.

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We would like to know if you are willing to purchase a standard one time license or standard subscription or Pro subscription.

13. GaryW7

GaryW7 Bit poster

I'm looking at a standard one time licence for now.

Thanks

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared you some details in a private message. Please check it.

15. brianw10

brianw10 Junior Member

Hi,
    I, too, am a long time Fusion user and am actively considering a move to Parallels. Any information re incentives on the licence fees would be appreciated. Right now I run Fusion on both an iMac and a MacBook Pro to support a WinXP machine running a single legacy application (Quicken UK) and would be looking for a standard one-time licence for both pc's. Currently, standard Parallels licence purchase fees are a bit strong just for Quicken, when compared to the VMWare multi-cpu licence.
    Many thanks,
    Brian.

16. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello brianw10, Please check your private message. Thanks!

17. KennethJ1

KennethJ1 Bit poster

Hello. I'm also a longtime Fusion user (currently have Fusion 8.5.9) and am evaluating switching to Parallels. I use it for Quicken as well as some video processing. Any incentive/discount available? The trial of Parallel is looking promising but it would be great to hear back on whether to switch to Parallels or just upgrade to Fusion 10. Thank you, Ken

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  18. KennethJ1

KennethJ1 Bit poster

In the Christmas spirit :), it would be great to hear back one way or the other on incentives before my Parallels trial ends. I'm interested in the one-time license. Many thanks, Ken

19. LEVENEZY

LEVENEZY Bit poster

Hello, I am discovering Parallel Pro Edition and I would like to know if there is some incentives during Christmas Holidays ? Thanks for your tools that are great for SAP users. Bests wishes, Yann

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared you some details in a private message. Please check it.