Any discount to switch from vmware to parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SoftoC, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Hi, could you please provide us with your VMware purchase order? You can send it via the private message.
    Thank you for understanding and looking forward to your reply.

2. ABZ

ABZ Bit poster

Hi there

Also keen to hear of any discounts available from VMWare.

Thanks
    AB

3. Hi, please provide us with your VMware purchase order. You can send it via the private message.
    And then we will contact you and provide with some discount.
    Thanks for understanding.

4. LiamF

LiamF Bit poster

Hi,

I am a current subscribtion member of Parallels 12 but also run VM Fusion on my other 3 macs. This was due their 3 license offer which seemed a better way to go at the time due to cost. Keen on changing at least one of them over to Parallels 12. What crossgrade offers are available?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Liam

5. Hi we don't officially provide an info about this discount, but if you share with us your purchased order for VMware (please send it via private message) we will provide you with more info about discounts.

6. CaueW

CaueW Bit poster

Hello guys!
    Is it possible to have more information about this discount?
    Im currently VMFusion user, but Windows10 image is unusable due to the delay! It's really slow!
    I know, my Macbook Pro is not top of the line (Macbook Pro Late 2011 - i5 - 16GB Ram), Im using 2 processor + 12GB on Windows VM but still really slow, Im really tired of it.
    Really want to switch to Parallels, Im trying it this afternoon and performance is really improved!
    Is it possible to get this discount to switch from VM Fusion to Parallels? I can share my Fusion order details without problem, just let me know which information you need and where to send!
    Thanks!
    Caue

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared some information in a private message. Please check.

8. MarkB14

MarkB14 Bit poster

Hi,

Is this discount still available? I have had a trial of Parallels Desktop and am very impressed much better and quicker than my current VMWare Fusion install. Would be very interested in switching if a discount was available.

Cheers,

Mark

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared some information in a private message. Please check.

10. JasonS6

JasonS6 Bit poster

I'm running Parallels in Trial mode and have migrated in my VMware Fusion 8.5 VMs, I can already see that my MacBook Pro runs cooler and the VM performance is snappier. Please can you share the competitive upgrade details - I can provide my VMware purchase order.

11. RichardM12

RichardM12 Bit poster

I would also like information regarding a competitive upgrade. I have used VMWare for over 7 years, but my first experience with the Parallels trial makes me wonder why. Everything is smoother and faster in Parallels.

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared the information in a private message. Please check.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

14. TomC5

TomC5 Bit poster

I have also been a VMware user for 5 years. And have converted the VM for a Parallels trial, and everything seems to work great. I'm hoping to get an upgrade discount as I will pay for this myself, instead of the company...which takes way to long and difficult due to the procurement process here.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

16. MerillF

MerillF Bit poster

I am unable to figure out how to start a PM. I'm a VMWare Fusion user looking to switch to Parallels due to better performance and support. Tx

17. DanielH11

DanielH11 Bit poster

I'm currently running Fusion 8.5 and would be interested in coming back to Parallels as well. Please PM me any crossgrade discount info if available. Thanks!

18. StephanK2

StephanK2 Bit poster

Hi, two things - i have used the last years vmware on windows and mac but on the mac it get everytime hot and thats already while i do nothing on the vm... so i just try out the last days the parallels 12 - it seems that my problem is solved in idle.

Now i'm interested in the cross grade discount so please write me a pm with the information.

The other thing is if i can get another 14 days try with my account for new parallels 13 version before i finally buy.
    (i test the last days only version 12 and also i don't found the time to try out my most use cases)

Thanks for your time.
    -Stephan

19. JasonH12

JasonH12 Bit poster

I'm ready to switch to Parallels from Fusion 8.5.8. Any discount incentives to do so?

20. StephanK2

StephanK2 Bit poster

It seems that there is no interest to give any discount any longer.
    But some feedback would be nice anyway...

One Update: the test version automatically have a new trial period after update to the next major release. Now i have enough time to test my use case.