Android Emulation with Android Studio

Discussion in 'Other Guest OS Types Discussion' started by AliJ, Apr 12, 2017.

1. AliJ

AliJ Bit Poster

I created and Android guest os which is great and fast. Was hoping i can connect it to my android studio running on mac OS for development work but am unlable to get Android Studio to see the emulator. I know Genymition forexample works with an andriod studio plug-in. Anyone know how i can get my anroid guest OS to show up in android studio?

2. AliJ

AliJ Bit Poster

I got this to work by finding the IP address in android netword settings and the running Terminal on my MAC and using command ~/sdk/platform-tools/adb connect x.x.x.x:5555 where x.x.x.x was the ndroid ip address.

3. MrD

MrD Bit Poster

Try installing a premium emulation app from tutuapp and retry it I am quite sure it will show up in android studio thereafter.

4. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

We are glad to see that you have resolved the issue and appreciate you for sharing the steps that helped you to resolve the issue.

5. KaranK

KaranK Bit Poster

I also tried to run the Android studio on my Macbook but it's not that easy to do so. Android Emulation for Mac OS sucks and I don't know why but the officials are not coming up with any solution for this. Also, I am not able to use Snapchat Login App.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  6. AegisI

AegisI Bit Poster

Try setting up a top quality emulation app from tutuapp and retry it I am quite sure it will appear in android operating system studio room thereafter.

7. MukeshM

MukeshM Bit Poster

The keyboard shortcuts are really handy when you are using your Mac. The switching between the mouse and keyboard slows down your work Dokken battle hack. You also get tired of moving from here and there. Therefore it is really important to know and learn keyboard shortcuts to save your time and work with ease. Let us learn some important Mac keyboard shortcuts.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017