An unexpected error occurred when initializing Parallels Tools.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RafaelH1, Apr 19, 2018.

1. RafaelH1

RafaelH1 Bit poster

Hello All,

I have been searching for something related to this subject an unable to find here, so I thought would be the right time to ask.

Every time I boot Windows 10 using Paralllels (13.3.0) on my Mac (High Sierra 10.13.4) I got a pop up window showing the following message:

"An unexpected error occurred when initializing Parallels Tools.
    The virtual machine is booting from a Boot Camp partition. If you continue, you may encounter problems with Microsoft Windows or Office activation."

I simple click continue, and the boot goes on normally. I can use Windows 10 normally, but this pop up windows is bit annoying and maybe there is a hidden problem here that I am not aware about.

Any idea of what is going on?

Any input will be so much appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. RafaelH1

RafaelH1 Bit poster

Hi Arun,

I am using Windows 10 in my virtual machine. The instruction you sent is for linux. Am I missing something ?!

Thanks!

4. Please remove the existing BootCamp based virtual machine. Then create a new BootCamp based virtual machine and check if it helps.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi RafaelH1,
    If the issue still persists after following instructions, refer to this article to create a problem report and share it here.

6. Hi, did you checked and tried the solution above: Remove and recreate a Boot camp based VM?

7. Then please generate the problem report right after the issue reproducing.
    Please reply us back with the report ID.

8. Sorry my bad, did you shut down your Bootcamp based VM completely, shut down, not suspend?

9. Also this issue has been escalated to the Parallels Engineering team and once we get any updates we will share it with you.

10. MichaelR43

MichaelR43 Bit poster

I now have this issue too. I sent a technical report 316350559
    thanks

11. Thanks a lot for your report. I've provided Parallels Engineering team with this tech info.
    Once we get any updates, I'll contact you.

12. Thanks for the additional info. Issue is under investigation.

13. MortenO1

MortenO1 Bit poster

I also experience this issue. Tried all the above things - nothing works

14. Hi, please generate the problem report and reply us back with the report ID.
    Also please create report right after the issue reproduced.

15. fishmonkey

fishmonkey Bit poster

same issue here...

16. KyleO1

KyleO1 Bit poster

Report ID:317877519

Same problem here, noticed it a week ago. When booted as a parallels VM Windows indicates it is no longer activated. I tried deleting the VM and creating it again but got the same error still.

17. fishmonkey

fishmonkey Bit poster

i doubt that recreating the VM is a good solution as for various other reasons i have recreated the VM multiple times and the same error message appears 100% of the time...

18. could you generate the problem report please and reply us back with the report ID?

19. thanks a lot for the provided info and the tech. report. I've transferred it to the engineering team for the further investigation.

20. TyT

TyT Bit poster

Report id: 318140439

same issue here, creating again does not solve the error. Can't activate virtual windows either.