13.1, High Sierra host and trying to install Yosemite 10.10

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DarwinC, Oct 7, 2017.

1. DarwinC

DarwinC Bit poster

2 problems,
    1) at the point where you select your language to continue the mouse will not move until you release it, pause the VM and then continue.
    2) during the install I'm always getting this message below.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. DarwinC

DarwinC Bit poster

I downloaded the demo of Fusion v10 and was able to install using that. Very, very frustrating as I couldn't decide to upgrade my Fusion 6 to 10 or give Parallels a try. I decided to buy Parallels so I hope they fix this soon.

3. CristianP

CristianP Bit poster

I can confirm the same issue with Parallels 13 (High Sierra host) and Yosemite as a guest. In fact, I already had a Yosemite VM running and as soon as I upgraded to High Sierra the mouse stopped working.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DarwinC , please try Actions > Re install Parallels Tools and check.

5. CristianP

CristianP Bit poster

@Arun@Parallels I don't think you understood the issue, you cannot even install or type into the VM, the mouse (and the keyboard as well) do not respond in a Yosemite installation with a High Sierra guest. If you cannot install the guest, you cannot install the Parallels Tools.

In any case, I can confirm, if you already have a Yosemite guest installed, there is no way you can login because keyboard and mouse are not responding in the Parallels guest.

6. DarwinC

DarwinC Bit poster

That is correct, I cannot install the guest, but not because of the first issue. Pausing and resuming will temporally fix that. But the second issue, the install always fails because I get an error: posix File or directory not found.

7. CristianP

CristianP Bit poster

I can confirm what @DarwinC is saying, I did what he recommended:
    1. Start a new installation of Yosemite as guest (High Sierra host)
    2. When the language screen appears, the mouse pointer and keyboard won't respond
    3. Suspend the virtual machine, resume and the mouse and keyboard will respond now
    4. Continue the installation, it will fail with the message "POSIX reports: The operation couldn't be completed. No such file or directory. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."
    5. If you restart the installer, the same message will appear again
    [​IMG]

Parallels version: 13.1.0 (43108), macOS version: 10.13, Yosemite Installer version: 1.6.43 (from App Store)

8. CristianP

CristianP Bit poster

Based in another forum thread, I tried using Parallels 13.0 and I can confirm I was able to install and use Yosemite without any issue.
    I hope this will be fixed soon, because the only option I see is downgrading to Parallels 13.0