VS Code UI broken in Mojave VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MichaelD32, Sep 26, 2018.

1. prenez

prenez Member

Yes there is. gfx.io will do the trick.

2. Rich Brown

Rich Brown Bit poster

SOLUTION: I found a video over on Youtube that gives a simple solution for the video glitch that occurs with VS Code on a macOS guest OS. The answer is to turn off the GPU for VS Code.
    TL;DR Create a one-line shell script (below) then make it executable. The video shows how... Script is:

open /Applications/Visual\ Studio\ Code.app --args --disable-gpu
    Here is the Youtube Video:

3. prenez

prenez Member

HEY PARALLELS! I can't believe you're just ignoring this post! IS THERE GOING TO BE FIX FOR ELECTRON APPS RUNNING PARALLELS, in Windows running on a MacOSX Host? THIS IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT. Slack doesn't work either!!!

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

DirkF2 likes this.
  5. RobM9

RobM9 Bit poster

VSCode does not have the graphics problems when running on Linux (Debian 10) on Parallels. This is satisfactory for my needs.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. Hi, please sorry for the any inconvenience caused. Please provide us with the detailed description: what exactly doesn't work, did you get any error message.
    Also please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

7. BruceC4

BruceC4 Bit poster

Thanks to Rich above, yes "open /Applications/Visual\ Studio\ Code.app --args --disable-gpu" does work for me, and in all recent OSX versions (including Calatina). This is for all Electron apps I use, and a workaround for chrome in another thread.

I think the point people are making though, is that the workaround to disable the GPU by running a terminal command is what we would like to be looked at, its been an issue experienced for years (I've posted in another thread a while back also).