Kinect xbox and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by YSG, Feb 18, 2018.

1. YSG

YSG Member

Hello (english is not my maternal language),
    My xbox is not recognize by Parallels Desktop as an usb, printer, camera... Do i need a driver cause usually my Mac ask me if i want to run a printer, camera or Usb with my Mac or my VM "Parallels Desktop".
    I have a Macbook air on Sierra ; Parallels Desktop 12 ; Windows 8
    To work with xbox, i have Adibas (medical) only for windows (there's SDK 2.0 in it).
    My big problem is that my xbox does not appear as a device.
    Please, any help.
    Best regards.

2. YSG

YSG Member

Furthermore, PhysicalTech for Adibas say it's work for Mac with BootCamp. Why not with Parallels Desktop.
    KinectCongiguration ( http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=513889) says : "Graphic Processor : No Direct 11 capable GPU detected."

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Parallels Desktop currently supports DirectX9 and 10 not more than that. When you use Windows in Bootcamp, Windows has access to the hardware directly but in a virtual machine, Windows will not have access to real hardware but virtual hardware.

4. YSG

YSG Member

Great! A simple answer for me. ;)

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any more questions.

6. YSG

YSG Member

Hello,
    I'm back again. With PD15, DX11 is support now.
    So can I use ADiBAS and Kinect 2 with PD15 or do I continue to use Bootcamp?
    Best Regards.

7. ThomasV12

ThomasV12 Bit poster

Thanks for sharing such an amazing Blog.

8. YSG

YSG Member

Hello,
    I'll be back again. PD 15 supports DirectX11. My Mac is on Catalina now. So Kinect2 should now run on PD15. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Using the" Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier" application informs me that :
    "No depth frames received from Kinect".
    Could you explain to me why the Kinect with PD15 does not work while DirectX11 is now supported.
    Thank You

9. YSG

YSG Member

For more precision, USB Controller gives as result:
    "Supported USB 3.0 port detected with unkonwn bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware."
    With Bootcamp I dont't have this message but : "Unknown USB 3.0 port detected. Your USB configuration may support Kinect for Windows". And then Kinect 2 work with Bootcamp but not with PD15.
    Any help... Thank you.