iPadOS 13.1.2 and parallels Client

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by MathieuT2, Oct 4, 2019.

1. MathieuT2

MathieuT2 Bit poster

Since the upgrade to iPadOS 13, iPads have not been able to remote desktop to windows pcs.
    The app was working fine in iOS 12.1.4
    Is the app compatible with iPadOS ?

2. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Dear Mathieu,
    I have my own Ipad 9.7 Pro with the latest iPad OS and Parallels client.
    Tested RAS connection and Standard RDP connection both work well.

What is the error you got?

3. MathieuT2

MathieuT2 Bit poster

I figured out that the problem is not Parallels Client but my VPN, Barracuda SSL VPN.
    Still isn't fixed, but your app works A1.

My VPN connection is established but I think the adresses are not resolving.

4. josem29

josem29 Bit poster

Hi, I've bought an IPad Pro 2018 and I'd like to know how to do run Windows on my IPad. Thks

5. Hi, please provide us with more details.
    How would you like to use Windows on your iPad? Would you like just get a remote access to your Windows PC from your iPad?

6. josem29

josem29 Bit poster

Hi MarĂ­a
    Id like to connect and use Windows and its services like Word, edge, etc. with a VIrtual Machine. I have seen Azure plattform but I dont know if is free its use.

thks

7. jpc

jpc Pro

@josem29 If you have Windows 10 (not Home), you can use the Parallels client with an RDP connection for basic functionality.
    If you want more functionality, or have Windows 10 Home, you should try to use Parallels Access. The forum you have replied on is for Parallels RAS which is an enterprise product.

8. Peter73

Peter73 Bit poster

Hello,i have a question only. I use an Ipad pro 12.9" and have a Mac Mini M1 with Parallels 18 for Mac. I created a Windows 11 virtual maschine on the Mac mini and can use it.
    If its possible to change the VM on the Ipad? Add can i use the VM on the Ipad? so that i`m more flexible to work with?

Thanks in advanced.
    regards Peter

9. jpc

jpc Pro

@Peter73
    I'm not sure I understand the question. If you connect to your macOS machine via Parallels Access, you should be able to do all the operations you can do on your macOS including changing VM settings (if that is what you meant).

You can connect directly to VM using either Parallels Access or via RDP (such as by using a Standard RDP connection in the Parallels Client).
    I don't think you can run the VM directly on the iPad though i.e., the macOS must be switched on and accessible using one of the methods mentioned above.

10. Peter73

Peter73 Bit poster

Thank you for your help. Now i know that`s not possible.