HTML5 from outside the network

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server – HTML5 Gateway' started by MattB11, Apr 1, 2019.

1. MattB11

MattB11 Bit poster

Hello all,

I have a RAS farm configured as shown in the attached image. The key component here is the one to one NAT from my public IP to the virtual IP bewteen the HALBs. My external users are able to connect a fat client to ras.domain.com and all applications function normally. However, if they attempt to use the HTML5 gateway, the HALB attempts to reroute the traffic to either https://rasgw1.domain.com or https://rasgw2.domain.com. Naturally, these servers are not accessible from off LAN and thus do not resolve. Do I have to configure separate one to one NAT with public IPs for the gateways as well? Do I really have to make them accessible to the public in order to make HTML5 work?

Best Regards,
    Matt
    ras.jpg

CarlJ1 likes this.
  2. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

This behavior is fixed in v17.0 that comes out this summer. If you want to test it on 17.0 then please DM me and I can add you to the list of beta testers.

3. MattB11

MattB11 Bit poster

That is disappointing, but I am glad it is being addressed. I can't put beta in production so we will just deal with it for now and require the users to authenticate to our SSLVPN first.

Best Regards
    Matt

4. CarlJ1

CarlJ1 Bit poster

Hi,

I have version 17.0.1 installed and operational, yet the same issue exists for me as described by Matt.

Any further comments on this?

5. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Hi, I think what we released in 17.0 was not enough for your use case, but we have 2nd part coming in 17.1 really soon.
    Here is how it looks in the "Web Requests" tab of GW settings in 17.1 already:
    upload_2019-10-7_14-13-0.png
    this change must keep the hostname used in a browser when it's redirected to the default HTML5 theme (landing page).
    In the meantime, may I ask you to try using custom themes via a short URL (available in the themes screen) and check if it works in your environment and hostname is not replaced during the redirection? I suppose it should work.