IP address???

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Google Chrome' started by Enrico2, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Enrico2

Enrico2 Bit poster

I am baffled by this - what ip address should I use? The public address encompasses multiple PCs and macs some with identical login credentials. The public address doesn't work and can't work, how would the app know which machine to log into?

The ip of the pc I want to access is a private ip address so that's not possible. What am I missing????

2. jpc

jpc Pro

What you need is to setup port forwarding on your router. Basically, you will need to setup a rule that any connection to public_ip: public_port should go to private_ip:3389.

If you do not know how to set it up, take a look at the following website.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. MiaC

MiaC Guest

Pleasantly, your ISP circulates IP addresses instantly using a DHCP server. most extreme switches don't have a choice to set a static IP yet on account that yours does then unequivocal, you can set it, offering it especially is in the IP handle assortment possessed by your ISP and utilized on the subnet on your area... other than the demonstrated reality that... each and every IP handle on a group must be interesting. On the off chance that you situated your IP handle to a handle effectively allocated to a particular individual by DHCP at that point there will be 2 interfaces with the practically identical handle. Essay help UK written these intentions directing circles and data will definitely be lost as a chain of parcels could be incompletely sent to 2 particular hosts. The people group will just get congested and slow with surges of steering off base directing updates eat up each and the majority of the transmission capacity. Steering and ARP tables would be off base and the two hosts would be not able adequately utilize the web. it especially is extreme to effectively leave it as unique.

4. RobS9

RobS9 Bit poster

MiaC actually have a point here.

5. ThomasAdams24

ThomasAdams24 Bit poster

Since I'm not so smart tech guy, could you provide me any manual which may help me to make it for my router model - D-link DIR-825/AC, please?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019