Very Slow Download

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Blockheads88, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Blockheads88

Blockheads88 Bit poster

I Purchased Parallels 14 and trying to download to install and the Download is Very Slow. Says taking Hrs when the file is only 207mb???
    Larger Downloads Go very Fast. I have 300 Mbps Speeds???

2. MartinR10

MartinR10 Bit poster

Same issue here, really slow download speed, unable to download.

3. Bobellini

Bobellini Bit poster

Also downloading PD14 (to Australia) ... average is 16KBs ... with occasional blinding bursts of 49KBs. Using FOLX,. Other downloads are normal

4. ErikK3

ErikK3 Bit poster

Same her, 7 KBs on a Gigabit university network in Denmark.

5. ErikK3

ErikK3 Bit poster

Solved it by login in to my account and downloading PD14 form here. Took seconds.

6. PatrickG1

PatrickG1 Bit poster

Use the "Download Trial" link from the homepage. Install. Choose Account & License from the Parallels Desktop menu. Enter key sent to your email address that was sent when you purchased the software. Activate. Done.

7. MartinR10

MartinR10 Bit poster

still slow for me, even login in, actually I get the same link so it's the same, at least for me

8. AnisioB

AnisioB Bit poster

Unbelievable slow. It would be better not releasing what they cannot deliver! It is becoming a "joça" this Parallels 14 even before deployment. And || people remain silent?

9. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

10. MartinR10

MartinR10 Bit poster

thanks Dmitry! that link worked great

11. ChiG

ChiG Bit poster

Looks like that this CDN issue is back and the browser says it's taking 18 hrs+ to download...
    Is there anyone experiencing the same downloading problem?

12. Hi, did you try the link provided by Dmitry?

13. ChiG

ChiG Bit poster

Yes, and it started install. When I tried to choose update and install it gives and connection error. So had to stick with the base 14 instead of the latest. There wasn't a way to have to application updated to the latest.

UPDATE: I left the computer on the whole night to finally finished downloading "ParallelsDesktop-14.1.2-45479.dmg" Now it looks like that the download speech is back to normal.

14. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for additional queries.

15. JesseR2

JesseR2 Bit poster

I downloaded and installed the update (14.1.2) and am still having the same issue. Is there any settings within Parallels that could affect this?

16. please update your Parallels Desktop to the latest build and check the issue.

17. Dmitrij12

Dmitrij12 Bit poster

18. Dmitrij12

Dmitrij12 Bit poster

Works perfect! Downloaded in couple of seconds.
    Thanks.

Maria@Parallels likes this.