Port forwarding configuration is gone?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jf1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. jf1

jf1 Bit poster

There are no options to configure port forwarding on Parallels Desktop 12:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.08.56 PM.png

And this is what your manual says it should be there:
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.12.05 PM.png

I am trying to access a REST and Jupyter servers on the guest from the host.
    Please help.

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

0. Port forwarding is configured in global preferences of Parallels Desktop. It is not a VM configuration option. In your second screenshot you see Network Conditioner which has nothing to do with port forwarding.

1. The difference in available of configuration options is because of edition of Parallels Desktop: some Pro features are not available on "regular" edition.

3. jf1

jf1 Bit poster

0. "Network Conditioner" check button is the wrong place to look at. Concentrate on the absence of "Configure".
    1. So, your answer if I understand is parallels released Parallels 12 WITH that option available on "regular" (as you call it), and then decided to remove that option on a patch, so to force paying customers to migrate to Parallels 12 PRO? Is that what you are saying?

4. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Yes, Port Forwarding is available only in Parallels Desktop 12 Pro Edition.

5. jf1

jf1 Bit poster

Ok, just to be clear, parallels sold a product with a feature and later removed it (through a patch), in an attempt to force users into a newly created "Pro" version (whatever that is). This is deceitful. I am a long time paying client, I guess it is time to stay away and move on. Thanks.