Bulk configuration

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by springbox, Apr 3, 2019.

1. springbox

springbox Member

Hi Guys

We have about 40 IPads to set up and we intend to use the IOS client to connect them to our 16.2 servers.

Is there any way to automate the setups for each device? ie install the IOS client and then run a script etc?

Thanks in advance

Simon

2. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

I think you can use URL Schema for that:
    see more under Parallels Client URL Scheme at https://download.parallels.com/ras/v16.5/docs/en_US/Parallels-RAS-v16-5-Administrators-Guide.pdf
    The URL schema allows administrators to autoconfigure Parallels Client by a click from a browser or a local shortcut.

If you send an invitation email then you have such URL in the bottom of the email. All your user needs to do it to open the invitation email from Ipad or click on this link at your portal. As a result, Parallels Client will be launched and connection to your RAS installation configured there automatically.

You can send the invitation email from "RAS Console -> Start -> Invite Users".

will it work for you? if not, then I'll try to figure out something else.

3. springbox

springbox Member

Thanks

That looks promising. We will give it a whirl !!

4. HotelN

HotelN Bit poster

Great Information.................!!!

Hotel Manas Nainital

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2019
  5. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

I'm glad I could help you, but at the same time, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't manage to "advertise" this feature to you properly in the product and documentation. Could you please share your opinion on where information about the feature should be placed? Where did you try to find a solution to your problem before coming here?