Windows HDD seems to be corrupted after Archiving

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarkusD4, Nov 29, 2018.

1. MarkusD4

MarkusD4 Bit poster

Hi together,
    yesterday I tried to archive my Windows Parallels Image to save space and it seems that the archive function destroy my hard disk, so I can't start my Windows image anymore. I always get the following error
    [​IMG]
    When I try to stop the Image, Windows try to repair and diagnose windows, that ends up in an endless loop. I also tried to startup Windows with the CD ISO image, but here I have a same result, if I start from image that I get an endless loop. Then I tried to use the Parallels Mounter to get some files from the image and tried to access in a protected mode, but get no access to the file.
    [​IMG]
    What information do you need for further analysis? I only need few files from the image :(
    Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MarkusD4 please check this link and let us know if that helps.

3. MarkusD4

MarkusD4 Bit poster

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried the steps in the link and have still the same problem. I also tried the prl_disk_tool check --hdd (that i found in one of your posts) with the same result

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MarkusD4 , can you please go to virtual machine configuration > Hardware> Hard disk > Enable trim and check if that helps.

5. MarkusD4

MarkusD4 Bit poster

Thanks for the tip, same result, I got the same error
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: