Parallels hang on removing previous version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NathanA3, Sep 25, 2018.

1. NathanA3

NathanA3 Bit poster

I have upgraded our client recently to High Sierra OS. Parallels 9 was on initially but now it does not work because it's not compatible.
    I am trying to install parallels 12 now but it keeps hanging on the same place as show in the image attached.

parallel.png

Please assist ASAP.

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Try to run command sudo killall lsregister in Terminal at the moment of hang.

3. NathanA3

NathanA3 Bit poster

This does not work unfortunately. In activity monitor the program still say's not responding once it gets to that point. Any other suggestion ?

4. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

> This does not work unfortunately. In activity monitor the program still say's not responding once it gets to that point. Any other suggestion ?

@NathanA3 , please send us problem report and post its id here. For this you need to run this command in Terminal at the moment of hanging installation:
    /Volumes/Parallels\ Desktop\ 12/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prlsrvctl problem-report --send --stand-alone
    - it takes some time to execute, and finally result is printed in Terminal.

5. NathanA3

NathanA3 Bit poster

Hi,

This is the report ID I've sent to Parallels support as well.

Thank you.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We haven't received a Report ID number. Can you provide the same in writing here?

7. NathanA3

NathanA3 Bit poster

Sorry about that... 278189644

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Thank you. Please remove Parallels Desktop, open Disk Utility (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Disk Utility), run First Aid and reboot the Mac. Finally, download the setup file for Parallels Desktop 12 from http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12/ and install the application.