can't access via LAN

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by Chris303, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chris303

Chris303 Bit poster

I am unable to access my macbook (running High Sierra osx 10.13.6) via the Parallels Access ios app v4.0.3 (running ios 12.1) over my LAN. Is this a bug with the current version of the app, or is there a configuration that I need to change? I'm able to access my macbook via another laptop using the Parallels Access browser interface.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Chris303 , are you getting any error message? If yes, please share with us, so that we will check and help you accordingly.

3. Chris303

Chris303 Bit poster

Hello - here is some additional information:

The problem occurs both via LAN and WAN. I am unable to connect via the iOS app on both iPhone and iPad (versions listed in initial ticket). I have attempted to connect via both LTE and outside WiFi network (different network located outside the home) with no success. However I can connect with no problems via the Parallels Access web interface using a browser.

When using the iOS apps I can initially connect: I am able to retrieve the list of computers, see the computer online, and login with my OSX password. I can see the initial dashboard, but when I click on any app (Finder, terminal, system preferences, Chrome - doesn't matter, any app), it times out, the wheel just spins indefinitely. No error messages appear.

This appears to have have happened with either the latest Parallels Access app update or the release of iOS 12. Either way, I have no connection via iOS devices. It's not a firewall issue, since as I described I can connect remotely with no problem via browser.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Have you tried reinstalling Parallels Access from both iOS devices and checked?

5. Chris303

Chris303 Bit poster

Yes, I have done a full uninstall/reinstall of both the iOS apps and the app on OSX, this does not resolve the problem.

6. Chris303

Chris303 Bit poster

As a follow-up, now I receive the error message "Connection Failed. Failed to connect to the remote computer." Again, this only happens when using the iOS app on iPad and iPhone. The web browser interface works just fine.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support