Connection properties for client greyed out

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by MichaelA20, Nov 6, 2018.

1. MichaelA20

MichaelA20 Bit poster

We're having problems where the 'Connection Properties...' for any connection is greyed out:

ConnectionProperties.JPG
    This is happening across all the systems connected to the gateway. Is it a gateway setting or a publishing setting or? Any help would be appreciated. We have folks who connect to the same gateway/PA infrastructure who have multiple connections to keep isolated. Being able to manage the connections separately would be very useful, even if just to change the name of the connection.

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@MichealA20 The disabling of "Connection Properties" is part of the RAS policies functionality. What you are seeing should be limited to the "Site" that you are connecting to, so your users should still be able to create new connections to different RAS installations or RDP servers. However, I am afraid that if you have a policy set up for a given "Site", it will always apply, unless you meet the exceptions criteria (e.g. excluding certain users or MAC addresses).

Ref: http://download.parallels.com/ras/v...AS-v16-5-Administrators-Guide/index.htm#39276

3. MichaelA20

MichaelA20 Bit poster

You're correct that we've applied a policy. We applied the policy for a specific item, but didn't expect it to apply to the connection settings as it overwrote the connection name. Our users are used to a friendly name. Since we don't care about those policies, I cleared the check in just the 'Connection' category, and now the option is available again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!