Pushing virtual printer queues?

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by DavidM54, Nov 2, 2018.

1. DavidM54

DavidM54 Bit poster

Hello,

We have recently replaced our Xerox printers with shiny new Ricoh ones. Each campus now has it's own pair of virtual printer queues (one for Mono, one for Colour).

I'm trying to use Parallels to remove the existing printers, install the print driver and then map the print queues.

I've set up a Task Sequence that just affects machines based on their OU in AD.

Step 1 - removing old printers works.

Step 2 - install the newest Ricoh drivers package seems to work okay, too. (If I later remove the dodgy printers and simply re-add them I can print okay.)

Step 3 - I'm using this code to install the printers:

lpadmin -p PS-B-FollowYouColourPS -L "" -E -v lpd://PS-B.ourdomain/FollowYou -P "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/RICOH MP C3004ex"

(I then run a second line to set the Mono queue.)

The printer does appear but if send a job from a MAC it doesn't show up on the printer. I think that's because I'm not installing the virtual printer queue (I've noted that the printers installed by this method lack "Virtual campus" under the printer's location.

I've tried pushing a profile to the mac with the printer instead but unfortunately, that isn't working either.

Questions:

1. Can I map a virtual print queue with a script like this?
    2. If not, how can I do this?

Thank you in advance.

2. TimofeyF

TimofeyF Parallels Team