RaceResults Software

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Cindy1, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Cindy1

Cindy1 Bit poster

Hi. I'm trying to use RaceResults Software on my Mac. It's a Windows only software. When I install it using Parallels it seems to install ok, but when I try and load a file I get an error saying it can't open the file because the connection to the Server could not be established. When I check under the Windows side I don't see that the server is running, but it does show that it is running on the Mac side.

I understand that the chances of anyone here knowing the software specifically but has anyone had any problems with part of the software loading on the Mac side and part of it being on the Windows side?

I know this is a shot in the dark, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have already contacted the software company and they only said it's a windows based software and that they don't support running it on Parallels. They did say they have heard that there has been luck running it on BootCamp.

Jordan

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Cindy1, let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it. Kindly go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Network 1 and change the source to Bridged mode ( Default adapter ).

3. Cindy1

Cindy1 Bit poster

I did what you suggested and it still won't work. Thanks for your help.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Share a weblink for that software to check its system requirements and let you know if it can be run in a virtual machine.

5. Cindy1

Cindy1 Bit poster

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find the system requirements but going through the website and your initial message we like to inform it is not possible to use this software on a virtual machine. You can try using a Bootcamp and check.

7. Cindy1

Cindy1 Bit poster

I really appreciate all the effort you put into this. I have gone ahead and loaded Bootcamp and it worked. I'll will continue to use Parallels for everything else.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for understanding. Feel free to reach out to us if you have questions regarding Parallels Desktop.