Ethernet Internet Issue!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by John40, Oct 12, 2018.

?

How do I connect to home WiFi instead of Ethernet?

This poll will close on Oct 12, 2028 at 7:46 PM.
  1. Settings change or some sort of configuration to parallels preferred.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No extra products please, must be free!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. John40

John40 Bit poster

I just downloaded Parallels 13, and I have been using it for around 2 days with no issues. However, for some reason, I don't have Ethernet, but it wont let me connect to my home Wi-Fi network, so now I use a "fake" or "non-existent" Ethernet and I don't like it. I have used windows on my old laptops and I know to fix it on an actual machine, like Bootcamp, since this is a virtual machine I don't know how to fix it. Thanks to this I cannot connect my Xbox to my computer because it is "not on the same network." Can someone please help me with a readable solution before I go crazy? Thanks!

2. Hi John40. Please be informed that in Parallels Desktop only Ethernet drivers are provided for the virtual machine. However, you can connect your Mac to a WiFi network and the same network will be shared to the virtual machine through the Ethernet adapter. In order to configure the Xbox, please refer this article and change the network source to 'Default Adapter' so that the Windows virtual machine will get a separate IP address directly from the router. Now try configuring the Xbox and it should work fine.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi John40,
    We suggest you post your reply directly on the Forum thread instead of replying to alert email.
    ---------
    I did that but it doesn't help. I need to install Broadcomm, Atheros or
    some sort of drivers for normal wifi, because right now, I only have
    Ethernet Drivers, so I can't connect. PLEASE HELP!
    Specs:
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY DRIVERS FOR THIS COMPUTER! THANKS!!
    ---------
    I would like to inform you even when you use WiFi on the Mac your Windows virtual machine will use Ethernet as it will not use your Mac hardware. The virtual machine will only use virtual network adapters like Intel Pro 1000 MT, Intel Gigabit, Realtek and drivers required for those adapters are provided with Parallels Tools. You can open VM configuration > Hardware > Network, under advance you can change network adapters. Even if you change any network adapters inside Windows it will show as it is connected to an Ethernet. You can switch between Network Modes for connecting the VM to your home network or isolating the VM from home network. If you use Bridged Network mode, you VM will get IP address from your router and from the VM you can connect all the devices on the network.
    If you wish to use two different WiFi networks one on Mac and another on Windows VM then you will need a USB WiFi adapter. Refer to this article and configure.

4. LIAM

LIAM Bit poster

Hi everyone,
    Please someone help me, it's super urgent.
    please see below two pictures, I install parallel 16 ( before I using parallel 10 since 2014 and no issue ) and problem started, now I can't connect to internet at all. after checking my windows device manager, I found there is NO ethernet controller in my windows !!! and as you can see NO internet connection,
    I tried different adaptor ( shared, bridge, host only, default ,.... ) and restart numerous times, but not work. really got headache and disappinted , especially I am in bad urgent.
    how to fix this ? can anyone teach me how to do.
    best regards

Attached Files:

5. Davidj39

Davidj39 Bit poster

If you are using windows OS then go to the internet and network setting where you look at the Ethernet setting then make some changes and also troubleshoot the Ethernet settings. hope this will help you
    Best regards
    David jack