IGEL unstable connection

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Linux' started by TouficS, May 19, 2018.

1. TouficS

TouficS Bit poster

Hello,
    I am testing Igel thin client. I have installed it on an Intel NUC and configured it accordingly.
    I have 2 RAS servers, one installed in our datacenter and another one installed in another datacenter connected through VPN.
    I am able to connect from igel to the parallels server located in our datacenter, everything works fine, however when i connect to the parallels server located in another datacenter (Ping around 80-100 ms), connection is not stable at all and parallels disconnects and reconnects every 10-15 seconds.
    I would like to mention that connection through parallels windows client is stable and we have been using it for the past 1 year with no problem at all.
    Is the linux client stable and can provide stable connectivity when used over the internet?

2. bobk4

bobk4 Bit poster

Hi TouficS,

I've got the same problem and no solution yet (only a work around).
    Do you use Igel version 10.x.x ?
    The problem doesn't seem to occur on our olders Igel versions at 5.7

3. TouficS

TouficS Bit poster

Thank you bobk4. Yes, we are running 10.0.3.19.
    Anybody from Parallels monitoring this thread with a resolution plan?

4. jpc

jpc Pro

@bobk4
    * Are you using an Intel NUC with IGEL firmware v10.0.3.19 like @TouficS?
    * What does your workaround consist of?

@bobk4 @TouficS
    * Which linux client are you using 64-bit or 32-bit?
    * Are you using the open source "Open-VPN" application found on IGEL by default or some other application for VPN connectivity?
    * What kind of applications are you using via IGEL? (compute intensive, graphics intensive, office style apps like word, or something else?)

5. TouficS

TouficS Bit poster

Hi jpc,
    1- We are using the linux client which comes loaded with IGEL, below you can find the details of the device.
    2- No VPN is used on the level of IGEL, there is a site to site vpn which connects the 2 sites.
    3- The problem occurs prior to to running any application. While logging in, session disconnects and reconnects more than 10 times. In all cases, we are running LOB applications, nothing fancy.
    Cheers,
    Toufic
    upload_2018-5-31_18-26-48.png

6. jpc

jpc Pro

@TouficS
    Thanks for the info.

Follow up question for the following:
    1. So, you get the application list from the RAS server but while connecting to the RDP server, the connection drops. Correct?
    If yes, does it drop the connection before displaying any RDP graphics output and to which Windows OS are you connecting to?

2. Are you using RAS (I presume server v16.2) in gateway SSL mode?

7. TouficS

TouficS Bit poster

1. Yes, we receive the list of applications, in our case we are publishing the rds desktop.We can see the login window, it disconnects and then reconnects.Login Session sometimes freezes due to the multiple disconnections during the login process.
    2. Yes, RAS 16.2 in gateway mode.

8. bobk4

bobk4 Bit poster

@jpc
    I'm not using an Intel NUC, only Igel hardware and some HP thin clients converted to Igel OS.
    My work around is using an older version of Igel, in the 5.x range.

We use on all our sites a closed IP-VPN connection without any blockage to the Igel or 2x server.

The 2x loadbalance server is a Windows 2003 server, the applications are hosted on a Windows 2008r2.

We receive the list of applications when logging in.
    It only starts reconnecting after opening one of those published applications. (those are installed on the terminal server 2008R2).