Connect using an url

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by MRumpler, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MRumpler

MRumpler Bit poster

I first posted this in 'Parallels Mobile Device Management' because I didn't find this forum. How on earth is somebody supposed to find this within Parallels Remote Application Server when just browsing the forums?

I used urls to connect to my remote machines with the old Parallels (2X) Client which has been renamed to Parallels Client (legacy) and was not updated in the last year. The url looks like this:
    tuxclient://?External_Launch=YES&ConnType=2&Server=serverip&Port=3389&UserName=username&Password=password&Connect=YES

That url still works with the legacy client, but if you use the new client, then the Parallels Client is just started, but it will not connect to the server and the parameters are ignored.

Can I still start connections with an url? Is there any information about the parameters on the internet which I may not have found?

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@MRumpler Url schemas as still supported. However you are using an old url schema without the "Command" parameter.
    You could try adding "Command=LaunchApp" and see if it helps.
    Also, if you want to launch the new client directly you can replace tuxclient with prlclient.

A bit more info can be found here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/124282

MRumpler likes this.
  3. MRumpler

MRumpler Bit poster

@jpc Thanks, that worked. I saw that kb article when I searched for it, but it doesn't specify any scheme at all and was also missing essential parameters like UserName and Password, so I disregarded it.

4. HuongS

HuongS Bit poster

You right, i use that way to win