40GB Memory Leak

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by LAlf, Jan 16, 2018.

1. LAlf

LAlf Junior Member

In last version of Parallels Client I got strange memory leak: process used 41GB memory, swapped to 13GB with max memory in my iMac is 8GB.
    After 5-10 mins of brakes - macos is rebooted automatically. It's first and (I hope) last incident.
    But how it's possible?

Screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LAlf

LAlf Junior Member

Anybody known how it possible?

3. jpc

jpc Pro

@LAlf Did you see this issue more than once?
    What is the version of the Parallels Client that you have? (I know you said latest, but a version number would always help.)
    What is your normal usage scenario? e.g. published applications are video/graphics editors, app development, text-editing/inputting

This issue is quite weird, as even just using plain RDP desktop connections, it should not take so much memory.

4. LAlf

LAlf Junior Member

No
    v 16.2.0 (build 19039)
    I run many private programms for parsing search engines (very big threads using).

5. jpc

jpc Pro

The number of threads running on the server should not have any effect.
    Only local resources should have an effect on your iMac e.g. the graphics updates being sent (such as lots of display updates), number of files opened (if using the iMac's disk from the remote server), if using published applications, the number of windows remoted, etc.

However, if I am interpreting the graph at the bottom of the your first screenshot properly, there was a huge memory spike in a very short time. That is unusual. You may have hit a special scenario where the Parallels Client behaves erratically. Unfortunately it may not be possible to find the source of the problem so easily.