Parallels Toolbox icon missing from menu bar

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by MartinLiss, Dec 13, 2017.

1. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

I'm running Parallels Desktop 13.1.0 under macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1 and even after reinstalling Parallels Tools, it's icon is missing from my toolbar. Can anyone suggest how to get it back?

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MartinLiss Parallels Support Here! After reinstalling the Parallels Tools your Parallels Toolbox icon disappear from the Mac Menu Bar? Parallels Tools is a software which will install inside the virtual machine. Parallels Tools reinstallation will not affect your Parallels Toolbox. In order to fix the Parallels Toolbox issue, please follow the below steps and check it helps.
    1. Quit (Force Quit) Parallels Toolbox in Activity Monitor.
    2. Launch Terminal and execute: sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.parallels.toolbox
    3. Once the command above finishes executing, close the Terminal and reboot the Mac.
    4. Download and install Toolbox: http://parallels.com/directdownload/toolbox/

3. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

I looked for a Process Name of "Parallels Toolbox" and "Toolbox" in the Activity Monitor (sorted by Process Name) and did not find either. Should I still do steps 2 to 4?

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MartinLiss Yes, we would request you to follow all the steps and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish

5. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

How can I "follow all the steps" when step 1 did not work???

I tried restarting my Mac and when I did, Parallels reported and error so I Reported data to Parallels and got report number 230673689. I also upgraded Parallels to Version 13.2, but the Toolbox icon is still missing.

6. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

Problem solved. I found 'Parallels Tools' in my Applications folder and started it. Icon is now in my toolbar.

7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MartinLiss Great! We are glad that you have resolved the issue.