Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. DavidW27

DavidW27 Bit poster

I have the same issue after my logic board failed on my old MacBook Pro and purchasing a replacement MacBook Pro. When I try to automatically deactivate the old Mac I get this error message and cannot activate Parallels.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DavidW27, we have made few changes to the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the same key. Thanks!

3. COMZ

COMZ Bit poster

Hello, now I have the same issues about "you have reached the maximum number of activations", I unregistered my previous Mac (based on KB123461).

Could you please help me with that ?

Regards,

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @COMZ , we have made few changes to the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the same key. Thanks!

5. TomM13

TomM13 Bit poster

I also get this error. MBP died and got replaced.

This is super frustrating. Does everyone who has this problem have to post directly here on this forum?

+1 Please fix my key also :)

Version 11.2.3 (32663)

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please try to activate again. You can contact us through any support medium if you have issues.

7. ZachP1

ZachP1 Bit poster

Sorry for bring back old thread, but I also have encountered this issue with ParallelsDesktop for Mac 10.4.0 (29337) when I was transferring to new MacBookPro from old one.

I searched up for a solution, but it kept setting me back to looking for a license reactivation button in the app which doesn't actually exist in the ParallelsDesktop for Mac 10.4.0 (29337).

Regardless to say, this is frustrating, can someone please help/advise me how to address this issue as well? Thanks in advance.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

9. MarkC3

MarkC3 Bit poster

I had Parallels Desktop on an Mac Pro 1,1. It died. Now have Mac Pro 5,1 and cannot use license to install 10.4.

10. LauraC4

LauraC4 Bit poster

I too have this problem, switching to a new Mac - however I don't have the option on my old Mac to click on my email address as directed in KB http://kb.parallels.com/en/123461. There is nothing at all in the top right corner (see attached screenshot). V13.2.0 (43213). Please help!

Attached Files:

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have a Business license there is no need for you to signout on old Mac. You have to deactivate the license using your account portal. We have made changes now, you can try to activate.

13. NicholasL3

NicholasL3 Bit poster

Hi, I have this same issue, my old MacBook's logic board failed and I am trying to get parallels installed on a new MacBook. I get the message that my activations are all used up, I only want to transfer the licence from my old laptop to the new one. This is for work and its been 3 days of no response with regards to this issue. If I can get someone to respond that would be great.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes to Parallels Desktop 11 key, try to activate again.

15. HajimeS

HajimeS Bit poster

Hi,

I have the same problem with Parallels 10.

I would like to use Parallels on new my MacBookPro but I could not find "Signout" menu on Parallels 10 on my old MacBookPro.
    Could you help me?

16. RadekM1

RadekM1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem as @HijimeS. Please help!

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can only find Parallels Desktop 9 key under your account. We request you to reply our private message with the activation key.

HajimeS likes this.
  18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

19. jsoup3r

jsoup3r Bit poster

I too have this problem, after a motherboard replacement - PDFM 10 Full Version. Running prlsrvctl activate-license-online from the Terminal results in the same message. Please advise. I can provide license key by email if need be.

20. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @jsoup3r , please check your private message and provide us the necessary information.
    Thanks