using command key for copy and paste in terminal in ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by JacquelineW2, Jun 27, 2017.

1. JacquelineW2

JacquelineW2 Bit poster

hi there.

i am trying to figure out how i can use command-C and command-V for copy and paste in the ubuntu terminal, and was wondering if another mac user has figured out how to do this.

there are different places where one can fiddle with bindings. i have changed the settings to command C and V in the preferences for the terminal in ubuntu terminal; however these shortcuts aren't working, e.g. command-V fstill opens a video search.

wondering if any other mac users have figured this one out??

thanks very much, jacki.

2. GrantWP

GrantWP Bit poster

I have the same problem. I can cut/copy/paste between the host Mac OS X operating system and other apps in Ubuntu, but I can't copy/paste from/to terminal even staying within Ubuntu. I've tried control-C/V command-C/V, control-command-C/V, control-shift-command, etc., and absolutely nothing works.

From the lack of online mention of this problem, I can only assume that it's rare, which makes it all the more mysterious.

3. MatthiasB16

MatthiasB16 Bit poster

It is...
    • Control-Shift-C for copy
    • Control-Shift-V for paste

4. HenrikS8

HenrikS8 Bit poster

Not working for me :-(

5. ChrisH48

ChrisH48 Bit poster

I know this is old but for future travelers: take a look in the terminal preferences -> Shortcuts tab. I changed the above key combo to the command + c/v. It shows as control below but is actually command.

upload_2022-4-14_9-44-57.png

TysunE likes this.