Version 13 "Operation Timeout" errors

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidG26, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DavidG26

DavidG26 Bit poster

Please fix the constant "Operation Timeout" errors. Currently, the only resolution is to restart the Mac machine (and kill a Parallels process) each time.

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

3. DavidG26

DavidG26 Bit poster

Already tried those steps, but it only works the first time (after the restart). After that, it fails again. I also tried reinstalling Parallels 13, and I ran Disk Utilities - > First Aid (but nothing was wrong with my system).

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We will repeat those steps, but in a different fashion. Please quit Parallels Desktop and launch Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, execute the commands below one-by-one:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sudo su

(NOTE: You will be prompted to enter your Mac password after executing the first command. Due to security measures you won't be able to see the password itself, just type it in and hit return/Enter.)

rm -rfd /System/Library/Extensions/prl*

rm -rfd ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels*

rm -rfd ~/Library/Preferences/parallels

rm -rfd ~/Library/Parallels

rm -rfd ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.parallels.desktop.console.savedState

rm -rfd /Library/logs/parallels.log

rm -rfd /Library/Preferences/Parallels/

rm -rfd /private/var/db/Parallels/

rm -rfd /private/var/.parallels_swap

rm -rfd /private/var/db/receipts/'com.parallels*'

rm -rfd /private/var/db/Parallels/Stats

rm -rfd /private/var/root/library/preferences/com.parallels.desktop.plist

rm -rfd ~/Applications\ \(Parallels\)/

rm -rfd /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/

exit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Close Terminal. Then, open Disk Utility (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Disk Utility), run First Aid and reboot the Mac. Finally, reinstall Parallels Desktop 13 and check for the issue.

5. DavidG26

DavidG26 Bit poster

OK. I tried those steps (I copied and pasted the commands, so I'm sure that they were accurately entered), and at the end of the process, it gave the "Operation Timeout" error dialog. In addition, it apparently destroyed both my Windows 10 and Window NT virtual machines. So now I have lost everything. I can't even run Windows at all now.

6. DavidG26

DavidG26 Bit poster

I have tried all of the support suggestions, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all of the Parallels files, and removing the Parallels processes (as described above), but there is simply a bug in Parallels 13 if you have two virtual machines and if you start Parallels after running other apps (like Mail, Safari, Excel, etc.). I can only start up Parallels 13 if I restart and before I start any other apps. Otherwise, it always gives the Operation Timeout error. Can someone please fix the problem? I've had several support engineers try to address the problem, but nothing works. I'm going back to version 12, which didn't have the bug.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please reproduce the issue, generate a Problem Report ID (refer to for assistance) while the error message is being displayed (very important) and reply with the same. We'll then investigate.

8. DavidG26

DavidG26 Bit poster

We already went through all of this (including the problem report). I've had several support engineers contact me, monitor my system, etc. No one has been able to figure out a solution. The only solution currently is to uninstall Parallels 13 and go back to Parallels 12. Please fix the Parallels 13 problem.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have checked your support tickets and found that the issue is escalated to development team for further analysis. You can subscribe to this article for Parallels Desktop 13 Updates.