Toolbox will not launch

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by SheldonD, Aug 6, 2017.

1. ShawnS3

ShawnS3 Bit poster

Thanks for your support, this resolved my issue with Toolbox. It now works as expected.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

3. RobertD8

RobertD8 Bit poster

Okay, I was able to get it to work - after adding the space in the command. Perhaps you could repost the instructions with this correction and a little more detailed descriptions in the steps. This is an easy fix, if executed correctly but I find it difficult to believe many users would be able to follow those instructions well enough to be successful - myself included... lol

Thanks...rd

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. As per your suggestion, please find the detailed instructions below and the link to download updated Parallels Toolbox 2.0.0.
    1. Quit (Force Quit) Parallels Toolbox via Activity Monitor
    2. Open Terminal and execute sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.parallels.toolbox
    3. Restart the Mac
    4. Download and install ParallelsToolbox-2.0.0 - http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/toolbox/

5. StaceyE

StaceyE Bit poster

I installed the update of Toolbox that became available a couple of days ago. I rebooted Parallels...... there is no change from above. It doesn't appear on the top toolbar, it's in the Applications folder, clicking on the Application folder does nothing. Opening the folder and clicking on individual functions works. :-(

6. StaceyE

StaceyE Bit poster

I got it working now, following the instructions above! Thanks!

7. LindaR3

LindaR3 Bit poster

Had the same annoying problem - your terminal text fixed it. I sure hope the underlying problem has been solved...

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi LindaR3 and StaceyE,
    We are glad that the issue is resolved after following the instructions provided. Feel free to reach us if you have any more questions.