Is MacFUSE Required For Parallels 11?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kurt Todoroff, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Kurt Todoroff

Kurt Todoroff Member

I read, in another forum, that Parallels has not required MacFUSE since v4. Is this correct? If so, can I safely remove all MacFUSE components, since Parallels in the only OS X application in my system, that uses it?

On another note, can I safely remove all Parallels Access and Mobile components, since I use Parallels only from my iMac?

Thank you.

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Kurt,
    MacFUSE is not required to run Parallels Desktop, see this article to know about Parallels Desktop system requirements.
    You can also uninstall Parallels access and Mobile components and use only Parallels Desktop application.

3. CarolG1

CarolG1 Bit poster

I have been told by Apple support that MacFUSE may be causing problems for me in accessing external drives on my iMac. Is this true, and if so, how can I remove it from my system?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can refer to this article section 2.3 for removing Fuse for OS X.

5. CarolG1

CarolG1 Bit poster

Ajith--thank you for your very quick response! I looked at the article you mentioned. I have tried to remove MacFUSE in this way, but the menu panel has a message that the update site cannot be accessed. The article mentions that MacFUSE does not work with later Mac OS's. Does this mean that it will cause failures or that it is not operative?

Thank you!

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can share your issue on this link and get suggestions.