Android Emulation with Android Studio

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by AliJ, Apr 12, 2017.

1. AliJ

AliJ Member

I created and Android guest os which is great and fast. Was hoping i can connect it to my android studio running on mac OS for development work but am unlable to get Android Studio to see the emulator. I know Genymition forexample works with an andriod studio plug-in. Anyone know how i can get my anroid guest OS to show up in android studio?

2. AliJ

AliJ Member

I got this to work by finding the IP address in android netword settings and the running Terminal on my MAC and using command ~/sdk/platform-tools/adb connect x.x.x.x:5555 where x.x.x.x was the ndroid ip address.

3. MrD

MrD Bit poster

Try installing a premium emulation app from tutuapp and retry it I am quite sure it will show up in android studio thereafter.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to see that you have resolved the issue and appreciate you for sharing the steps that helped you to resolve the issue.

5. KaranK

KaranK Bit poster

I also tried to run the Android studio on my Macbook but it's not that easy to do so. Android Emulation for Mac OS sucks and I don't know why but the officials are not coming up with any solution for this. Also, I am not able to use Snapchat Login App.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  6. AegisI

AegisI Member

Try setting up a top quality emulation app from tutuapp and retry it I am quite sure it will appear in android operating system studio room thereafter.

7. MukeshM

MukeshM Bit poster

The keyboard shortcuts are really handy when you are using your Mac. The switching between the mouse and keyboard slows down your work Dokken battle hack. You also get tired of moving from here and there. Therefore it is really important to know and learn keyboard shortcuts to save your time and work with ease. Let us learn some important Mac keyboard shortcuts.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  8. MoneyO

MoneyO Bit poster

To start the Android Emulator and run an app in your project:
    1. In Android Studio, create an Android Virtual Device (AVD) that the emulator can use to install and run your app.
    2. In the toolbar, select the AVD that you want to run your app on from the target device drop-down menu.
    3. Click Run

9. MoneyO

MoneyO Bit poster

To start the Android Emulator and run an app in your project:
    1. In Android Studio, create an Android Virtual Device (AVD) that the emulator can use to install and run your app.
    2. In the toolbar, select the AVD that you want to run your app on from the target device drop-down menu.
    3. Click Run
    4. VivaTV

10. MoneyO

MoneyO Bit poster

https://vivatv.me/

11. Davidj39

Davidj39 Bit poster

Emulators are ways to view our output.
    First, you need to download the Android Virtual Device (AVD) then install it. it will take some time.
    then select your AVD device and run it .
    then open your application .

12. GrahamRahsaan

GrahamRahsaan Bit poster

1. Set up a Host-Only adapter so that the VM has access to your network; You can set this up only when the Android image is off. Basically just go into your settings, click on Network, and select Host-Only Adapter in the drop-down labeled Attached to. For Adapter Type select PCnet-FAST III. Check the box next to Cable Connected if it isn't already.

2. Set up an NAT Adapter by selecting a different Adapter tab and for Attached to select NAT. For Adapter Type select PCnet-FAST III again. Check the box next to Cable Connected if it isn't already.

3. Enable Developer Mode by starting up the Android image, then going to Settings > About phone/tablet > Build Number. Click on Build Number 7 times. You should see a pop up that tells you how many more times you need to click to get into Developer mode. Credit to RMP PianoTuning's answer below

4. Get the virtual Android's IP address by going into Settings > About phone/tablet > Status > and then scrolling down until you find your local IP Address. Remember this number, you'll need it for the next step.

5. Start up Android Studio and go into the console; it should be one of the options in the bottom-left corner. Type in adb connect (IP address from step 4). Take a deep breath and hit enter. If it says

13. FarheenK

FarheenK Bit poster

Thank you so much for answering, it helps a lot.

14. Rudrar1

Rudrar1 Bit poster

I am also create an account and use this one. Its fantastic. thanks for sharing with us.