No Standard RDP Connections?

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Google Chrome' started by jjohnson1, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jjohnson1

jjohnson1 Bit poster

Suddenly there is no option for standard RDP connections. I'm hoping this is an error in the latest update and 2X is working to fix it?

2. firemonkey170

firemonkey170 Bit poster

I think the users of this (once awesome) chrome app deserve an explanation as to WHY THE STANDARD RDP SUPPORT WAS REMOVED.

Users understand that you are a business and that you have to make decisions, but at least give an explanation. Don't leave your users in the dark.

Until then, say goodbye to the 4+ stars on the chrome app and the great marketing it provided via the Standard RDP. I was very interested in the RAS service you provide given the Standard RDP and chrome app worked so great!

Until proper reason is provided to the users, I shall consider 2X a flaky and unreliable company. I will be sure to recommend Citrix to anyone I talk to for their remote application needs.

Good day sirs.

3. firemonkey170

firemonkey170 Bit poster

To answer your question jjohnson - I don't think it is an error since they added in their changelog "Removed: Support for Standard RDP Connections". They just removed it with no explanation as to why.

4. Clamps

Clamps Bit poster

As there hasn't been a peep from 2x in this forum, or in the Chrome app store, I think they are leaving the topic open to our speculation.

As they have removed RDP from the linux client, the chrome client, but no other clients, I would speculate that these two clients share some common code. I would further speculate that 2x became aware of a compromise in the code shared by these two clients. Perhaps they don't know exactly how bad the compromise is. The first thing they did was remove RDP from those two clients to prevent further exposure, but now they don't want to fess up to what really is going on. Perhaps they are waiting until they know the full extent of the compromise before they release a statement. Perhaps they will quietly add RDP back into the client later, once they believe they have fixed the code in question.

If they were dropping RDP support in general, then I would think they would just release a statement. They have also updated other clients since, without removing RDP support in those clients.

The silence on this topic strongly suggests they are hiding something regarding the decision to remove RDP support from their RDP client.

5. lavicky

lavicky Bit poster

The same problem with Chromium 37.0.2062.94. I was using 2x Client with no problem for month before.

6. lavicky

lavicky Bit poster

The same problem with Chromium 37.0.2062.94. I was using 2x Client with no problem for months before.

7. lavicky

lavicky Bit poster

The same problem with Chromium 37.0.2062.94. I was using 2x Client with no problem for months before.

8. SeanEugene

SeanEugene Bit poster

Experiencing the same issue. HP Chromebook 14. Standard RDP clients no longer listed and no way to add them. Only "Gateway" entries. 2x was the best RPD product, but no longer able to use after last week's update.

9. jschilders

jschilders Bit poster

We have the same problem, we used 2X to connect to or Windows server and after de last update Standard RDP is gone. All our chromeOS users can't access there Windows system anymore. Is there a other way that our users van use ?

10. lavicky

lavicky Bit poster

The same problem with Chromium 37.0.2062.120 Ubuntu 12.04 (281580) (64-bit). I've been successfully using 2X RDP Client for months before.

11. andrews8

andrews8 Hunter

Thanks for contacting 2X forums.

Presently the standard RDP was removed from the 2X Chrome Client, however, usage of published applications and desktops is possible by using 2X Remote ApplicationServer.

If you are not using 2X Remote ApplicationServer more information on that product can be found here which has full integration with the 2X Chrome Client:

http://www.2x.com/ras/remote-application-server/

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  12. johacs

johacs Bit poster

Thank you so much, I have used your instructions and succeeded

13. Thank you for sharing the results!

14. hmaqiba

hmaqiba Bit poster

1. Open command propmt
    2.write gpedit.msc and open it
    3.Go to computer configuration -> Administrative Tempalates -> Wondows Components
    ->Remote Desktop services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Connections.
    4. Here Disble the below mentioned.

Restrict Remote Desktop Services user to a single remote.....

NOw goto command propmt and update the group ploicy using below mentioned command.

Goto command propmt and type -> gpupdate and enter it. it should be successfully applied.

15. XressT

XressT Bit poster

This solution worked for me !