I need to upgrade my upgrade to Full

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LarryA1, Feb 7, 2016.

1. LarryA1

LarryA1 Bit poster

I purchased the upgrade today but my prior version is too old (Parallels 8). How do I refund the upgrade version and pay for the full version?

Thanks,
    Larry

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello LarryA1, please check your private message and reply us.

3. LarryA1

LarryA1 Bit poster

I replied to the private message but nobody has replied back to me with the link.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Dear Larry, we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We have sent a private message which included a link to pay the difference to get the full version of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.

5. name3

name3 Bit poster

I need to do the same thing.

invoice ref. # 87947098
    order# BKD-73612611534

The stupid store page does not say anything about the upgrade requirements

6. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hello name3, please check your private message.

7. tamaskelko.hu

tamaskelko.hu Bit poster

Hello, I have same problem too...

8. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, Please check your private message and reply us !

9. DonS7

DonS7 Bit poster

Ok, me too. Please send me the stupid pm.

Honestly, I think this has to be the worst customer experience I have ever seen. All the pages before completing the purchase say "Upgrade from a previous version". Only after you have completed the purchase are you given a link to activation instructions which tell you which previous versions qualify. Then, if, like me, you were unlucky enough to have a version too old, you have to register for the forums, send a complaint to the public forum, and get a pm in response with how to change the upgrade to a full version.

Whoever designed this process is a complete moron and should be fired.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DonS7,

Check the image attached below, which will clearly explain that upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 is possible from Parallels Desktop 9 or more on the shopping cart page before you can enter your payment details. We have found that you have bought Parallels Desktop 11 Upgrade for $49.99 and there are no previous versions registered under your account. If you to pay the difference $30 and get the full version, please confirm us.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

Attached Files:

11. DonS7

DonS7 Bit poster

Actually, I would really like a refund.

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DonS7,

We will initiate the refund for your order and you will be getting a confirmation email.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

13. TaeK

TaeK Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same issue. I have vision 8 and I mistakenly purchased upgrade plan (Ref# 95364637). Can you send me a link for purchasing full version 11? Thanks for your assistance.

Best,
    Tae

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi TaeK,

We can initiate the refund for your purchase, so you can purchase the full version. Please confirm if we can initiate refund.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

15. Hey, we've refunded your order, refunds take between 5-7 business days to appear on your account.

16. JamesD7

JamesD7 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Bought the upgrade on line, only to learn it will not work without prior version key. Having upgraded MAC OX version, now the older version of Parallels will not even load and I now know the key is to old. How do I get the credit for the upgrade and buy the full version. Very frustrating experience.

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi JamesD7, we've checked the order and found that you have paid $49.99 for the upgrade. Please check your private message and reply if you want us to create a link to pay the difference amount to get the full version of Parallels Desktop.

18. JamesD7

JamesD7 Bit poster

i did check and replied. Uno replies back from Parallels. I have my code, there is not any clear place I see to use it.

19. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

We're sorry for the delay response. I could see that your refund request for Parallels Desktop 12 upgrade has been processed and you have already purchased the full copy of Parallels Desktop 12. Please let us know if you have any query in future.