RD Session Hosts not verified

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by ITH, May 31, 2018.

1. ITH

ITH Bit poster

Hi all, I'm completely new to PRAS and have just set up a trial using the preconfigured AWS AMI. All installed OK except the RD session host says not verified.. It also keeps trying to update the agent everytime I open the console. The result is no apps can be published. I also constantly get a pop up in the corner of the screen from Parallel's Remote Application Server monitor saying "Agent is being used by another publishing agent".. I am wanting all roles to be on the single server which is not joined to a domain. I haven't configured Remote Desktop Services but it is running within the 180 day grace period.

Hoping someone can help, thanks Daniel

2. jpc

jpc Pro

Hi Daniel,
    Your main problem seems to be related to the "Agent is being used by another publishing agent" error. That normally means that two different RAS setups are trying to use the same RDS Agent as part of their Farm/Site setup. The RDS Agent will not get "verified" unless this issue is fixed.

Did this happen on a brand new AWS AMI provided by Parallels?

3. ITH

ITH Bit poster

Hi, yes it was a brand new AMI. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels in case It was an update bug but that didn't help either

4. VictorF3

VictorF3 Bit poster

In RAS console, could you to FARM --> RD Sessions --> Right click on the RD Session host and rename it to "localhost" - see image below.

Attached Files:

5. ITH

ITH Bit poster

Thanks, I have tried this but it didn't help unfortunately.
    upload_2018-6-4_13-21-13.png

6. VictorF3

VictorF3 Bit poster

7. arakana

arakana Bit poster

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels in case It was an update bug but that didn't help either
    Adam4adam TutuApp AppValley

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  8. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

could you please send a problem report and give us a number here?
    Console -> Help -> Send report to Parallels.

9. TyG

TyG Bit poster

I am having the same issue though some of the details differ. Would it be possible to arrange communication with support?
    We will want to purchase licenses soon and I need the proof of concept to be up and running for demos and training.