How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JustinC7

JustinC7 Bit poster

Hey guys,
    I migrated my data to a new mac and unable to activate my parallels 10 with the follow error message.
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

Can you guys help?

Thanks!
    Justin

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi WILLIAML13. We have made some changes to the license key. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (once again), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.
    Hello there. Kindly follow my instructions above.

3. AllenT2

AllenT2 Bit poster

Hey there my PD 10 have similar problem. Can you guys kindly help me with this?
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

4. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Hello WILLIAML13, please try now, should work as we've made some changes to your key.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi AllenT2. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

AllenT2 likes this.
  6. AllenT2

AllenT2 Bit poster

Thanks for your quick response. You are the best.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Pleasure assisting you. Please post again in our forums for any further queries.

8. joe13

joe13 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with Parallels Desktop 10, can you reset my Parallels 10 Key?

9. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @joe13 , Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

10. joe13

joe13 Bit poster

thanks! working now

11. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

12. TomK11

TomK11 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am having the same problem . . . moving my parallels 10 desktop from my HD to a new SSD drive using mac disk restore. Please reset my key.

Thank you!

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

14. TomK11

TomK11 Bit poster

Perfect !

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

16. MikeM19

MikeM19 Bit poster

Same issue here. I tried to follow the steps to deactivate but it doesn't work.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  17. BrianT7

BrianT7 Bit poster

Same problem here - have tried deactivating the license on the old computer through Terminal with no luck - any help appreciated. 20180212 parallels terminal error.jpg

18. Arun@Parallels

Hi @BrianT7 , we have made the necessary changes. Please follow the instructions below in the new Mac you are trying to activate.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

19. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MikeM19 , please check your inbox , we have sent you a message.

20. Elihay

Elihay Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm trying to transfer parallels 10 from old mac to new mac. and can't do it.
    I've tried this:

The command worked for me in the old mac, but doesn't work on the new mac, I got this error:
    "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."