New Tools Not Showing Up

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by DariusM, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Sergeyt

Sergeyt Parallels Developers

It looks like Parallels Desktop(PD) and Parallels Toolbox integration problem.
    If you deactivate Parallels Desktop temporally ( do sign out as explained above ),
    Parallels Toolbox should give you an opportunity to enter a key manually.
    Then you can do PD sign in and activate PD as usually.

2. Report ID is 215537436. I also tried the suggested method from another reply to quit the toolbox, reboot then try again. Same issue. I also tried removing the toolbox using app cleaner, loading Parallels, signing out of my account, rebooting, then signing back in and reinstalling the toolbox. Still same issue. I can see the airplane mode and other tools when I search the mac for them, but they all open up a small dialog window stating I need to purchase a subscription, which I already have.

Jae-YeonH likes this.
  3. Jae-YeonH

Jae-YeonH Bit poster

Hi, Sergeyt.
    I also tried deactivation of the parallels desktop several times, but it did not work. I also tried to again following your post, but it didn't work too. I sent technical data. ID: 215545684. Please check again. I could not send tech data from the parallels toolbox due to an error message.

4. Jae-YeonH

Jae-YeonH Bit poster

Interestingly, the tool box is activated state even though I signed out, deleted tool box, rebooting, and re-installed the toolbox.
    And I cannot send the technical report due to an error message, sending failure again, again, and again.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 2.49.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 3.03.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 3.04.29 PM.png

5. Jae-YeonH

Jae-YeonH Bit poster

I found the new tools by searching in the finder, but I see a small dialog window requiring purchase subcription.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 3.16.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 3.17.29 PM.png

6. Sergeyt

Sergeyt Parallels Developers

Hm. The main problem here that Parallels Toolbox is not signed in but it's still activated.

Try to remove Parallels Toolbox license manually from Terminal.app:
    $ defaults remove ~/Library/Preferences/4C6364ACXT.com.parallels.toolbox.license.plist
    then quit Parallels Toolbox (press on Parallels Toolbox --> cogwheel --> Quit) and start again.

If it doesn't help - deactivate Parallels Desktop ( do sign out as explained above ) and restart Parallels Toolbox again.

I hope it will help.

7. Jae-YeonH

Jae-YeonH Bit poster

Great! It works! Thanks.

8. The terminal command worked for me also, had the same exact issue that Jae-YeonH had. The screen shots he posted looked exactly like mine did. Thanks!

9. TieC

TieC Member

Hello, I just bought a new Mac. And I want to move the licence from the old Mac to the new one. So I need to sign out my account in the old Mac. However, there is no button in the GUI. my technical report number: 232243871. Please help!

10. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Sign Out button is located in About window, which you can open by clicking Preferences (gear) button and choosing About Parallels Toolbox

11. TieC

TieC Member

Sorry, could you upload a screenshot? I really cannot find it.

What I can find is "Account & License", where I can see my Active License. Then there is no button to sign out.

12. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Probably it means that your original license was activated through Parallels Desktop. So just sign out from Parallels Desktop and sign in with it there, and then install Toolbox -- it should work just fine.

13. TieC

TieC Member

I have always been using Parallels Desktop (see screenshot), I used version 12 and just upgraded to 13. It is in Parallels Desktop I cannot find how to sign out.
    I am really astonished to see how many people have this issue and don't understand why you made signing out that complicated.

14. TieC

TieC Member

Attached Files: