Parallels needs reinstalling on High Sierra - I have no installer!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ShaunC2, Dec 7, 2017.

1. ShaunC2

ShaunC2 Bit poster

I am running High Sierra on a new MacBook Pro. I set up the MacBook from a time machine back up, all applications work except Parallels. When I double click to open Parallels I get the following message...

Parallels Desktop cannot be started.
    Please reinstall Parallels Desktop and try again.

I do not have the original installer and can not download from the parallels site, how do I get a new download or do I need to upgrade to 13 (I am running version 12)
    Any help appreciated

Thanks

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ShaunC2. To download version 12, use this link - http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12/ -. But, before you do this, please share a screenshot of the issue - we'll then investigate and decide the best course of action.

3. ShaunC2

ShaunC2 Bit poster

Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Sure, you're welcome. Any error code that appears when you click on the small triangle to the left of where it says 'Help me solve the problem'?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson Member

Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac is not officially supported to work with high sierra. Also, please check this link -https://www.parallels.com/upgradepd13/

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi ElizabethA. Your suggestion is appreciated. Let me add that, although Parallels Desktop 12 is not optimized for High Sierra, merely installing and running it on the same is possible. So issues in this regard can be, to an extent, investigated and resolved.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017