Windows 10 screen is black&white

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OlgierdC, Nov 21, 2017.

1. OlgierdC

OlgierdC Bit poster

After installing Parallels 13 for Mac it worked fine but suddenly screen in Windows 10 switched from colours to black and white. How turn on colours in Windows 10? I installed previous version of Parallels but Windows 10 is still in b&w.

2. OlgierdC

OlgierdC Bit poster

I found :)

3. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello OlgierdC, Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries.Thanks!

4. MarioR5

MarioR5 Bit poster

Come hai fatto?

5. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello MarioR5, please Click Start Menu and open Settings(cogwheel icon) >Select Ease of Access >Select Colour and High Contrast > Disable the "Colour filter and see if this works. Thanks!

Lisa-MarieL likes this.
  6. EdwardF2

EdwardF2 Bit poster

I had the same problem, and your solution worked. The question is ... how did that setting get changed to grayscale? I know I didn't change it. But thanks for showing the correct answer.

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue.This is not an issue from our end, it is an issue with Windows updates. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

8. ThomasS28

ThomasS28 Bit poster

Thank you for this thread! I experienced the same issue and I believe I invoked grayscale accidentally - the Color & high contrast settings reads Windows logo key + Ctrl + C toggles the color filter.

9. typ993

typ993 Junior Member

Yeah, this was due to a Windows update, but it isn't a bug, it's a "feature". Somebody on the Microsoft side changed this key combo, which happens to be quite close to what you use for the VERY COMMON copy command. Everybody please submit feedback to Microsoft so they can get rid of this apparently hardcoded-into-the-OS key combo.

10. Lisa-MarieL

Lisa-MarieL Bit poster

Thank you so VERY much!!!!!! This has been extremely frustrating and I will definitely submit feedback to MS!

11. MackT

MackT Bit poster

Here is how to Turn on Colour Filter in Windows 10
    1 - Open settings by clicking on start button and then clicking on gear icon.
    2 - Now, click on Ease of Access.
    3 - Now in the left menu, Click on Colour & High Contrast.
    4 - Now, Toggle on the Apply Colour filter button to enable Colour Filter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello MackT. Thanks for sharing.