Activate on this MAC does not work

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by PeterV3, Jan 21, 2017.

1. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

Used apple migration tool to transfer old macbook to new macbook, then followed instructions to sign out of all apple accounts and re-imaged old macbook for sale. On new macbook I started parallels and used activate on this mac and it worked fine but this does not work with parallels toolbox, it keeps on telling me this license is already in use and keeps on offering the activate on this mac option or buy new. Removing and re-installing parallels toolbox does not make a difference and I see no reason to remove and re-install parallels desktop as it are two independant products for else why does each of them ask for a license. I have a combined subsctiption of parallels, parallels access and parallels tools.
    I have removed parallels tools asI do not keep not working products on my macbook but when I pay a yearly fee I would like then products to work.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi PeterV3,
    We have requested some information on private message. Please share us that information.

3. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

What information on what private message?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can try to use the Parallels Desktop activation key to activate Parallels Toolbox.

5. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

That is exactly what I am trying to do for days now as I only have one key for Desktop, Toolbox, and remote access. However, activate on this mac does not work with parallels toolbox

6. Sergeyt

Sergeyt Parallels Developers

Could you try to activate again ( with Parallels Desktop key ), send Technical Data from Parallels Desktop and put report-ID here ?
    It helps us to investigate your problem.
    Thanks!

p.s.
    How to Send Technical Data:
    [Parallels Desktop icon in the Menu bar--> Help --> Send Technical Data ... ]

7. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

signed-out of both parallel's desktop licenses and removed both parallels toolbox installations (MacBook & iMac), rebooted both systems. Parallels desktop offers 2 licenses but parallels toolbox refuses to activate with mentioned license code on my iMac as license is in use on both machines. I then used my other code and Toolbox activated fine, I did the same on my MacBook and here also Toolbox activated fine on the same code.
    I now have both parallel toolboxes running on this ONE code.

8. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

I will not remove Toolbox again and try to use the non-working license code to activate a new install as I have no faith in your problem solving skills upto now, I found-out the above myself.
    Toolbox does not allow me to sign-out of a license as Desktop offers and I cannot see what license code Toolbox uses as that seems hidden somewhere deep in de MAC dungions.
    The parallels support website does not show what license is being used on what computer (MAC address, name, etc) so I cannot verify what license code is used on what machine and if a license is released when I remove a Toolbox or sign out of desktop. All this does not help troubleshooting licensing issues. Maybe you should propose to improve the support website?

9. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

Look for 147465012 for my iMAC

10. PeterV3

PeterV3 Bit poster

Look for 147465519 for my MacBook

11. Sergeyt

Sergeyt Parallels Developers

Thanks.

12. JochenD

JochenD Bit poster

I have installed Parallels toolbox - free for Parallels user with license. But Toolbox says: Pay or test. I dont want to pay and not only test. I have activation key.
    Support only possible by twitter and fakebook, I dont like them.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello JochenD,
    Refer to this article and activate Parallels Toolbox.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  14. Espinase

Espinase Bit poster

( with Parallels Desktop key ), send Technical Data from Parallels Desktop and put report-ID here ?
    It helps us to investigate your problem i am sitedesigner.
    Thanks!

15. MichaelL24

MichaelL24 Bit poster

Hello, I ended up being given a new MacBook Pro after mine kept having issues and could not be fixed using Apple Care, and am trying to install Toolbox. I no longer own my old MBP (gave it to Apple in exchange for the new one), and whenever I try to activate Toolbox it tells me that I have activated Toolbox on 3 computers (I have only ever had one Mac with this subscription my 2014 Mac, although this is my third Mac in total (2012 Air, old 2014 MBP, and now this new 2017 MBP), so I'm not sure how I would have even done this), and toolbox is telling me to buy a new subscription. I have no way of 'un-activating' my old computer(s) as I do not own them any longer. What do I do? I do not want to pay another 10 bucks on top of my pro subscription that included toolbox in it, as it seems like transferring a license from an old computer to a new one should be a reasonable request.

Attached Files:

16. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Michael,
    I have replied to you in personal messages with the instructions to fix this.

17. CesarC1

CesarC1 Bit poster

I can not activate ToolBox... how can I fix it?

18. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @CesarC1, for the beginning please send a technical report via Help > 'Send Technical Data...' once you get the activation error.

sazokar98s likes this.
  19. DarrenG1

DarrenG1 Bit poster

cannot activate parallels toolbox
    Parallels Toolbox - this product key is already registered to your parallels account
    technical report ID: 207591218
    please advise
    Thank you

sazokar98s likes this.
  20. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi, please activate Toolbox using your main subscription key: M9B5JP-*****-*****-*****-FBJC22, it should work.

sazokar98s likes this.