Is there a way to reset the activation count parallels toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by MarkH20, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MarkH20

MarkH20 Bit poster

Apparently I did not properly deactivate on previous Macs. I only have one Mac. Can the activation count be reset thus deactivating any old activations and allowing new ones?

2. We have updated your Toolbox license, now it's properly reflected under your account on https://account.parallels.com/
    Please reactivate it once again using the updated key.

3. MichaelL24

MichaelL24 Bit poster

Hello, I am having the same issue. I wiped and sold my old Pro, and got a new Pro, and when I tried to activate Toolbox it is telling me that:
    The license has been used to activate Parallels Toolbox on 3 different Macs. To activate Parallels Toolbox on this Mac, you must purchase an additional license.

Which is false, I've only owned 2 Macs (the old one and this one) with this Parallels subscription. I would like to use Toolbox, how do I get my activation count reset?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MichaelL24, we've made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Toolbox to reactivate and keep us posted the results.

5. MichaelL24

MichaelL24 Bit poster

Nope. Still being told to purchase a new license. Activate On This Mac does not work for me. :(

I restarted the application. There was no update for me to install, or it updated in the background without my being aware of it. But when I do the 'check for updates' thing it tells me that I am on the current version.

Also I don't use Facebook or Twitter, is there some way to get support on this besides those and these forums? Because I'm not sure if this is an issue with the software on my machine, and although I support making public posts so that you aren't just answering single emails about the same question all day, I am not certain that these posts can actually help anyone else if the end result is me requesting you to twiddle data on the back end licensing servers.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Michael24 , please check here to know about our other support options.

7. MichaelL24

MichaelL24 Bit poster

Thanks!

8. Arun@Parallels

Hi @Michael24 , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

9. FernandoA2

FernandoA2 Bit poster

Hello. I am also experiencing the same issue since I sold my previous Mac Pro and bought a new one, and am unable to activate Toolbox. Could you please reset the activation count to activate Toolbox on my new Mac Pro

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

11. FernandoA2

FernandoA2 Bit poster

Hello.
    The activation is not working. I am still receiving the reply: "The license has been used to activate Parallels Toolbox on 3 different Macs. To activate Parallels Toolbox on this Mac, you must purchase an additional license."
    Please review or reset.
    Thank you

12. FernandoA2

FernandoA2 Bit poster

Hello.
    I tried activation again today, and it accepted the code.

Thank you for your support

13. Arun@Parallels

Hi @FernandoA2 , we are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

14. AhmedH3

AhmedH3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I tried all above and not solved. Please help

15. Arun@Parallels

Hi @AhmedH3 , we have made a few changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

16. AhmedH3

AhmedH3 Bit poster

No still not working
    Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 1.11.40 AM.png

17. Arun@Parallels

Hi @AhmedH3 , please check your inbox.

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please try to activate again. If the issue persists, try to log out and log in then check.

19. Pavel6

Pavel6 Bit poster

Good afternoon! I have exactly the same problem (Tell me how can I solve it?

Attached Files:

20. AhmedH3

AhmedH3 Bit poster

The support team did a great job helping me to solve it as it required them to reset it from their end. Hope that helps you ;)