Shared folders not available from VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LuisM9, May 14, 2017.

1. LuisM9

LuisM9 Bit poster

Hello
    I would thank any help on this. I use a Windows VM on an iMac 27 inch from 2012 with OS Sierra.
    I just updated my Parallels to the last version. I also (updated) reinstalled a new Windows 10 license. And by now I find 2 main problems:
    -I try all I know to share folders, but Windows can't see the Macintosh. There is no way to access the folders.
    -The second thing, the screen resolution. It's blocked, Windows appears big and poorly defined.
    I can't understand these things, as my later versions had this two ok very easy.

Thanks in advance

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @LuisM9 , please try to reinstall Parallels Tools by clicking on Parallels Icon (Two red lines at the top of Mac desktop) > Actions > Install or Reinstall Parallels Tools and let us know if that helps.

3. LuisM9

LuisM9 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. But I can't find that. I attach what I have there.

Attached Files:

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @LuisM9 , please start your Windows virtual machine and follow the above steps and let us know if that helps.

5. LuisM9

LuisM9 Bit poster

Thanks a lot Arun, the screen is perfect and the folders appear.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

That's great @LuisM9, please let us know if you have any questions in the product and we are here to help!