Unable to access mac on web client

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by MarioB5, Feb 21, 2017.

1. MarioB5

MarioB5 Bit poster

I'm unable to access a mac using the web client. The Ipad app and the Iphone app seem to access it. But I would prefer to the use the web client since it's faster to type on it. This happened to me last week as well. It seems to be a regular occurence lately...

2. Moroney

Moroney Bit poster

I'm right there with you and given you wrote this three weeks ago and haven't gotten a response is making me nervous. Mine just started today and Twitter is worthless. They keep asking for the error I'm seeing and I don't see one, just says connecting for about 1 second and back to the arrow. Super frustrating.
    I also figured, if I pay for a service rather than a free solution I'll get support when issues arise.

3. MarioB5

MarioB5 Bit poster

Yeah, twitter didn't help me much. They sent me to all these support articles that weren't related to my problem. This is some problem on their end for the web client. I can connect with an ipad or iphone app, but I can't with the web client. It seems to happen at least once a week and then it magically begins to work again. They just don't seem to be interested in fixing the problem since it happens again and again and again.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello folks. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. I understand that the issue, in you case, occurs only over the web console. Since the type of Parallels Access web console issues can vary, please explain what exactly happens when the issue does occur. We'll then advise you accordingly.

5. MarioB5

MarioB5 Bit poster

I go to the ipad app, I select my computer there, and it connects. If i go to the web console version, I see the icon for my computer, I select it.. I go to the loading page, click the icon for my computer, it says connecting, then it doesn't do anything, but stop trying to connect (see screenshot). There are some javascript errors there:

INFO - viewmodels/host - Connect to host triggered
    app.js:7 WebSocket connection to 'wss://prl-54-153-20-183.proxy.myparallels.com/%7Ba5562534-83be-4702-9319-8a9289cb4b38%7D' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
    connect @ app.js:7
    (anonymous) @ app.js:7
    map @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    i @ app.js:7
    (anonymous) @ app.js:10
    (anonymous) @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    c @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    fireWith @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    i.(anonymous function) @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    (anonymous) @ app.js:3
    k @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:6
    r @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:6
    app.js:2 ERROR - transports/websocket - websocket error
    app.js:2 WARNING - transports/websocket - socket closed
    access.parallels.com/:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://prl-54-153-20-183.proxy.myparallels.com/%7Ba5562534-83be-4702-9319-8a9289cb4b38%7D' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.

Attached Files:

6. JosephK3

JosephK3 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. I can connect using my iPhone to my Mac and my Windows box, but can't connect with the web. No error, just goes back to an arrow.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Can you please try the connection from a different browser and, if possible, from a different computer, just so we can isolate the issue? Additionally, please try and apply the steps given here (the article is for a different issue, but the steps are relevant).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  8. JosephK3

JosephK3 Bit poster

An update. I quit the browser, opened it again, and I was able to connect. I'm suspecting something to do with caching or cookies, but I'm not an expert when it comes to browser problems.

9. Hemnath@Parallels

In case the issue re-occurs, please try the steps suggested earlier and let us know how it goes. Thanks for your time.

10. JamesM12

JamesM12 Bit poster

Same problem here:

app.js:2 INFO - modules/tal - transports initialization launched
    app.js:2 INFO - viewmodels/host - Connect to host triggered
    app.js:7 WebSocket connection to 'wss://prl-54-153-20-183.proxy.myparallels.com/%7B00f96e8c-338a-4083-9c7f-2c011e380188%7D' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
    connect @ app.js:7
    (anonymous) @ app.js:7
    map @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    i @ app.js:7
    (anonymous) @ app.js:10
    i.(anonymous function) @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:4
    (anonymous) @ app.js:3
    k @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:6
    r @ jquery-1.10.2.min.js:6
    app.js:2 ERROR - transports/websocket - websocket error
    app.js:2 WARNING - transports/websocket - socket closed
    ?hostid=e30f7d4...&agentversion=3.2.0-31423:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://prl-54-153-20-183.proxy.myparallels.com/%7B00f96e8c-338a-4083-9c7f-2c011e380188%7D' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.

Tried a different computer, and tried quitting and restarting the browser. Using "another browser" is not a choice: my daily driver on the road is a Chromebook. This is a recent change; Parallels Access from my chromebook as worked fine for as long as I can remember. Trying to debug if this is from a recent change to Parallels, to MacOS, or to Chrome.

Update: I tried it on a different computer, using Safari, and the problem persists. So it's not the browser.

Changes to the Parallels Access client or server maybe, or changes to MacOS?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  11. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi James. Have you tried removing and reinstalling Parallels Access on the remote computer? If not, then please remove Parallels Access on the remote computer, reboot the remote computer, log into your Parallels account at https://account.parallels.com/ and reinstall Parallels Access on the remote computer. Then, check for the issue again.

JamesM12 likes this.
  12. JamesM12

JamesM12 Bit poster

That looks like it worked. I had already tried quitting and restarting Parallels Access; I guess it was the uninstall/reinstall that did it. Might be worth having a proper uninstaller, rather than a shell script that needs root privs though: not a lot of Mac users have the technical savvy to run shell scripts, and those that do might have issues with running them as root (even though that is exactly what is needed).

13. Hemnath@Parallels

We're glad to know it worked. Please get back to us for any further queries in this regard.
    I gotta say that it's a good suggestion. Please feel free to post it as a feature request at https://forum.parallels.com/forums/general-questions.724/