Where's the update?

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by MISS, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MISS

MISS Bit poster

Hi,

I am attempting to update the RAS install to the latest version. Currently running RAS 15.5.1 Build 15688, according to the change-log - there has been two updates since build 15688 (which was released on the 15th Feb 2017).

The two updates are:
    15.5.2 build 16138 on 9th March 2017
    15.5.2 build 16140 on 13th March 2017

I am able to download the installer for RAS 15.5.2 (16140) ... but never had to 'upgrade' the RAS via this method, always just had the update offered to me.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Russ

2. Hi, we have an upgrade procedure, please check this article for more info.

3. MISS

MISS Bit poster

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the reply. But the article you linked me only provides information on upgrading your license to be eligible for v15. I have already gone through the hoops required for upgrading my license and have been running v15 RAS for ... many months. As stated in my OP, I am running RAS 15.5.1 Build 15688 and I would like to get the 2 subsequent updates, that are listed on the 'change-log', for my v15 RAS install, the two updates being build 16138 released on 9th March and build 16140 released on 13th March.

Change-log for RAS is here: http://download.parallels.com/ras/v15.5/RAS ASXG Changelog.txt

Thanks,
    Russ

4. NghiaM

NghiaM Bit poster

this is really helpfull i never seen before thanks for your help <3

best thermometer for kids

5. MISS

MISS Bit poster

*bump*

Ten days have passed and no one can advise on why the updates aren't being pushed?

I'm particularly wanting to get build 16138. It mentions in the change-log: "Fixed: Various printing related problems." - and seems I have a brand new 2016 terminal server that black holes itself on a daily basis - I want this 'fix'. As far as I can tell, the PDE Service fails and gets stuck the server then gets put in a mode 'that won't allow new connections', but for anyone already connected - works a treat. So, daily, I'm forced to boot off 50-70 working people to allow another person to connect. I am so over sending daily broadcast E-mails: "apologies... welcome to another day, guess what - the desktop internet server has failed, yet again! back in 5 while it reboots..."

But I'm not here - yet, for you to try and diagnose why my server fails on a daily basis - I'm just here to figure out where the published updates are.

http://download.parallels.com/ras/v15.5/RAS ASXG Changelog.txt

PS - NghiaM, not sure what you found helpful about my post ... but you're welcome?

6. MISS

MISS Bit poster

Put a comment on another post stating that I had no response to my request ... 30 minutes later, the RAS has finally been offered an update.

Close the thread, but as 'not resolved'.

7. MISS

MISS Bit poster

Update applied - server 'black holed' 45 minutes later. Back to the drawing board!