Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3106 Beta 3 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 29, 2006.

1. STim

STim Bit poster

Hello everyone!

Parallels Desktop for Mac Beta 3 is now available for download.

Additional details and download information is available on this page: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/beta_testing/

PLEASE REMEMBER: this is a beta software, and like any other beta software you should treat it very carefully. Do not install this Beta 3 into the production environment yet. Do backup your virtual machines before trying them with Beta 3.

This beta does not introduce any new functionality, but provides several very important fixes to the problems found in previous Betas:

* Coherence now handles round windows like Windows Media Player or Winamp correctly.

* Fullscreen and Coherence mode on secondary monitor fixed.

* Guest pixel size calculation was fixed applications like MS Access or MS PowerPoint should handle graphs correctly.

* Guest Linux screen resolutions in 24 bit mode fixed.

* Possiblity to switch off Command+ZXCV mapping or swap Control and Command keys introduced (the feature was requested by a number of beta-testers)

* Several USB 2.0 fixes more bulk devices to work since now. The work on web cameras and other isochronous devices is still in progress.

* And many others

As usual, any feedback is extremely appreciated at beta@parallels.com mailbox.

Best regards,
    Tim and the Parallels Team

2. kyrunner

kyrunner Junior Member

How Do You Play Dvds

when I put in a dvd it says windows media player cannot play this dvd because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the out put display.try installing an update driver for your video card????????

3. joco

joco Member

Do we need to uninstall Parallels Tools before installing Beta 3 ov er Beta 2, or is that just for people using Beta 1?

4. neosublime

neosublime Member

Well played gentlemen. Well played.

5. AlanH

AlanH Pro

I just shut down my VMs so that the beta 2 was not running, and ran the beta 3 installer, then re-opened my VM. It even starts the Parallels Tools update automatically after you open the VM and confirm you want it to do so.

Well done, Parallels.

6. boneznet01

boneznet01 Bit poster

RE: play DVD's

What's the point of this? Why not just play the DVD in the MacOS X DVD Player application?

7. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Member

Still NO support of 64bit Operating Systems.

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

bhagiratha,

We are not planning to support 64 bit guest until version 3.0, sorry.

9. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

Give me a break. Hotsync with Palm desktop STILL NOT WORKING. This is a basic necessity!!!!

10. mark.burton

mark.burton Member

After downloading the new Beta with Safari, the DMG package will not mount.
    Downloading with Firefox worked fine.
    Thanks for the new Beta Parallels!

11. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Member

I just upgrade to this new build but when I start Parallels, I get a message that I need to uninstall Paralles tools for boot camp.

But each time I boot to my windows partition I am not able to use the keyboard on my macbook pro.

Is there another way I can do this uninstall? or is there a way to repair this windows boot menu using a windows disk.

thanks

12. macguyincali

macguyincali Bit poster

System Freeze

First of all, gentlemen:

Parallels is a great tool and you guys have done a great job updating it constantly and meeting your users' needs.

I seem to have run into a problem with my version upon updating to this last beta (it actually started with the previous beta released a few weeks ago).

I uninstalled BootCamp tools in XP (when booted into XP) and then rebooted into OS X and tried starting up the BootCamp disk in Parallels. It seems to work every other time. The times it doesn't work, the entire computer freezes up and I have to do a hard reset (hold down power button for 5 seconds) to get my computer back. It tends to happen when I have to restart the Parallels XP machine (installing software, etc.). A screen has come up a few times:

Checking file system on c: The type of the file system is NTFS. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue. To skip disk checking, press any key within 10 seconds(s).

When this appears, the countdown stops at 7 or 6 or so and then the entire system freezes up. CTRL-ALT-DEL won't work and only the mouse pointer can move.

Any thoughts on this?

13. SlapheadMedia

SlapheadMedia Bit poster

That was a fast fix, good work.

Unfortunately for me, I still get 'Unable to open disk image Boot Camp' after 20 seconds of wait and the windows partition HD disappearing. :(

14. BlueSkyISdotCOM

BlueSkyISdotCOM Member

I'm not getting a valid DMG using Safari or Firefox.

15. j0nkatz

j0nkatz Junior Member

I agree!
    This is not good.

16. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

It seems that website is overloaded. Please wait a bit and try to download again.

17. MrMacMan

MrMacMan Bit poster

Looks intresting.

I love being a beta tester but --
    As a new customer I have a boxed 1940 version of the application. I have recentally downloaded the 1970 version (but not this new beta apparently) and I want to know where i can find the 'version history' aka the features that are being constantly worked on and revamped.

I can see several pages with 'new features' but this is all relative they could be from an earlier version or new to this specific beta... ect, can someone link me to a version history? thanks much

18. AkitaOnRails

AkitaOnRails Bit poster

Bootcamp and Macdrive support?

Does this release fix the incompatibility of the Parallels Tools and Macdrive? This was an issue with Beta 2. My most expected feature is being able to use my Windows at Bootcamp using both Parallels and native Dual Boot, but the Parallels Tools brake Macdrive and when I boot natively at Windows I am unable to see my Mac partition through Macdrive.

Anyone knows if Beta 3 addresses this issue?

19. macguyincali

macguyincali Bit poster

I am still having the freezing problem. I reinstalled Beta 3 (seems that I was operating on Beta 2) and then opened my BootCamp XP in Parallels (already uninstalled Parallels tools booted into XP). A message informed me that Parallels would be updating software and not to do anything. It went into the black screen after performing some sort of update and then froze the system. Any thoughts?

20. eric_dz

eric_dz Bit poster

Keyspan USB

I notice that the Keyspan USP 19HS still does not work. When should we expect for this to work?