Build 1884 - Numeric keypad ENTER key different?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SpiceWare, Sep 9, 2006.

1. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Bit poster

I like to play Galactic Civilizations 2 under OS/2 and the ENTER key on the numeric keypad is used to end the round. It's not doing so anymore.

In other programs, such as Text Editor, hitting ENTER on the numeric keypad will select the FILE MENU, just like hitting F10 does.

There's still a problem with multi-colored cursors not showing up correctly. GalCiv uses colored pointers at times. This can also be seen w/out the game in OS/2 by going to SYSTEM SETUP, then MOUSE, then POINTERS. Hit the LOAD SET button and select a colored icon set, such as AQUA 3D POINTERS to see the problem.

2. waddco

waddco Bit poster

Numeric Keypad <enter> = <alt> in build 1884

A new "feature" of keyboard support improvements is, unfortunately, a bug.

Whenever you press the <enter> key on the numeric keypad, XP thinks you have pressed the <alt> key and highlights the "File" menu. Happens in QuickBooks and Excel, and probably most other programs as well.

For those of us who work a lot with numbers this is a very big problem. This is also not the way it should work. Pressing <enter> in either of these programs should be the same as pressing the <return> key.

3. MichaelBatt

MichaelBatt Bit poster

GalCiv 2 on Mac Parallels?

Has anyone been able to get Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords to work successfully on Parallels? I was able to successfully install it, but when I run it, the screen turns black and I do not see the welcome screen. It requires a manual close to return to the desktop.

Just curious is someone out there has been successful; I would LOVE to get this going without dual-booting to WinXP.