How about some Parallels Support?

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Wavelength, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Wavelength

Wavelength Bit poster

Gang,

How can you have a product like this without any support?

I have asked at least 16 questions via the support section of the program without one response. Instead I spend hours days getting it too work.

I would seem a good time for Parallels to hire some support people to answer even the most basic of questions.

Thanks
    Gordon

2. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

<< I would seem a good time for Parallels to hire some support people to answer even the most basic of questions. >>

Parallels is not Apple. They provide a very good product for a very decent price. Support for 'basic' questions is provided in these forums, not by phoning in every time you don't understand how to do something. Maybe Parallels should offer a 'Mac Equivalent' support service for an extra price.

3. Wavelength

Wavelength Bit poster

Look I have never had to call Apple in the nearly 11 years from leaving PC land.

On the other hand I have have/had more questions about setup and issue with Parallels than I have had in a product I have bought in the last 5 years.

So when do we get some support? Why are none of the emails even answered?

Thanks
    Gordon

4. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Why not post some of them in the mac forum and see what happens? Parallels is not a word processor and requires extra knowledge on the part of the user beyond 'point-and-click'. Yes, it is a cross platform product that provides no guidance for crossing the platforms. Your emails might not be answered because they are not support questions about Parallels, but rather issues that one normally confronts when running multiple OSs.