Bridged Network issues, Windows Server 2008 Guest on Vista Host

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by cwinterb, May 5, 2008.

1. cwinterb

cwinterb Bit poster

Has anyone got a Windows Server 2008 (x86) guest running, with bridged networking, on a Windows host?

Running Parallels Workstation v2.2 (Build 2204) on Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 I can get Windows Server Standard to install as guest by telling Parallels the GuestOS is Vista.

The Parallels tools install OK, and Server 2008 seems OK with the network driver. However, I can't get bridged networking to work. My router seems to be trying to allocate multiple IPs, the remainder of its DHCP pool, to a machine with a hostname corresponding to the virtual instance of Server 2008 but a MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00. The server itself thinks the Parallels network adapter has a valid MAC address.

Weird. I've disabled everything network wise on the Server, except for straight IPv4, but it still behaves the same.

Ideas for workarounds, or a timeline for Windows Server 2008 support, received with gratitude.

2. cwinterb

cwinterb Bit poster

Same issue on build 2222

I've updated my Parallels WS to build 2222, installed the latest tools on Server 2008 and it still has the same issue.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

3. bi11

bi11 Hunter

Try using a specific interface in vm configuration, rather than default, and also in the VM do not use DHCP, but rather assign the Ip you want(until Parallels get fixed)