Solved. It was a mapping issue with ctrl+g and the Keyboard settings

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BethB1, Oct 11, 2023.

1. BethB1

BethB1 Bit poster

Problem in Win11 with XBox Gaming Center pop up when shortcut key is used ctrl+g. Need shortcut ctrl+g to group like you do with objects in PPT and Windows keeps wanting to direct me to XBox Gaming Center.

- MacOS M2 MacBook running Parallels and Windows 11 and using a PC mapped external ergonomic Logitech keyboard in MacOS to Parallels to Win11 like you would have for a Windows computer running this Logitech PC keyboard. I am not using the MacBook internal keyboard due to ergonomic reasons and want the Logitech to be mapped just like it was if I was using Windows standalone computer (so the external PC keyboard is mapped like a PC).

- I have tried terminating XBox gaming center, I have disabled it, restarted and still getting the same XBox gaming when I try to use the shortcut ctrl+g for grouping items in Windows 11

- I installed PowerToys and can get into the PowerShell, just seeing if someone has a link/resource or option for resolving this, I just want to group objects
    - using external Logitech keyboard mapped just like you would have with Windows in the MacOS and Parallels with Win11 environments (ctrl+c, ctrl+v work fine, just not with ctrl+g) NOT using my MacBook built in keyboard because I need the ergonomics with the Logitech PC keyboard so it's mapped just like using the shortcuts with Windows, just can't get ctrl+g to group

On MacBook M2 with Parallels running Windows 11. I have mapped the Logitech keyboard to work just like it would with Windows and set the Win11 in Parallels environment to be USA Qwerty and not the Apple keyboard.

I am trying to use ctrl+g on the Logitech PC keybaord to group items in existing software (simliar to PPT) for work items that just need grouped. I use the shortcut ctrl+g regularly and now with getting Windows 11 installed yesterday the XBox Game Bar feature keeps popping up instead of grouping and it's now driving me bonkers and I simply do not need XBox gaming for work stuff and just want to be able to use the shortcut ctrl+g to group items for work.

2. BethB1

BethB1 Bit poster

Best Answer
    Figured it out. It was a mapping issue.

3. LazyA

LazyA Bit poster

How did you actually solve your issue? This is driving me insane, and I cannot get CTRL+G (ideally CMD+G - but that's another issue) without the Xbox game controller popping up. I have disabled the shortcut like you did but the key combo still brings it up. This is so frustrating.

I used to be able to use my Adobe products on both systems with no issues prior to this recent update and for the life of me I cannot find the method to have the key commands in Windows adhere to the same CMD+whatever as my Mac.

4. BethB1

BethB1 Bit poster

\
    Thanks for the reply. In your Parallel's preferences, these are the settings i setup to resolve the issue. See the attached screenshots. It's been a while since I set this up I know the Youtube video I posted helped with troubleshooting. Hope this helps!

The screenshots here is my setup:
    Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.16.35 AM.png Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.17.18 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.12.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.12.00 AM.png Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.07.22 AM.png

Attached Files: