Shortcuts not working on parallels VM

Discussion in 'Product updates and feedback' started by LoicS2, Apr 21, 2024.

1. LoicS2

LoicS2 Bit poster

I just upgraded my kali VM in parallels and after upgrade I can't get things copied from my MAC host machine but they do work on my windows VM. The send MACOS system shortcut is set to always in the parallels control center. Kindly assist.

2. KinemasteA

KinemasteA

1. Check Parallels Tools: Ensure that Parallels Tools are installed and up-to-date in your Kali VM. Parallels Tools provide seamless integration between the guest VM and the host operating system, including clipboard sharing functionality. If Parallels Tools are not installed or are outdated, you may experience issues with copy-paste operations.
    2. Check Clipboard Sharing Settings: In Parallels Desktop, go to the Virtual Machine Configuration settings for your Kali VM. Navigate to the "Options" tab and then click on "Shared Folders." Make sure that the "Share Windows clipboard" option is enabled for both "From guest to host" and "From host to guest" directions.
    3. Check Keyboard Settings: Verify that your keyboard layout and input settings are correctly configured in both your macOS host and Kali VM. Mismatched keyboard settings can sometimes interfere with copy-paste operations.
    4. Restart Parallels Services: Try restarting the Parallels Services on your macOS host. You can do this by opening the Parallels Desktop application, navigating to the "Virtual Machine" menu, and selecting "Restart Parallels Services."
    5. Restart Virtual Machine and Host: If the issue persists, try restarting both your Kali VM and your macOS host machine. Sometimes, a fresh boot can resolve temporary software conflicts or issues.
    6. Check for Updates: Ensure that you have the latest version of Parallels Desktop installed on your macOS host. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements to various features, including clipboard sharing.
    7. Reinstall Parallels Tools: If none of the above steps work, you may want to try reinstalling Parallels Tools in your Kali VM. This can sometimes resolve issues with integration features like clipboard sharing.
    8. Check Guest VM Logs: If the problem persists, you can check the guest VM logs for any relevant error messages or clues that might help diagnose the issue. The logs can be found in the /var/log directory of your Kali VM.
    https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2024