"SimRail" game terrain display issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by pemoz, Apr 16, 2024.

1. pemoz

pemoz Member

Hello,

I've installed "SimRail - The Railway Simulator: Prologue" (the free demo for SimRail on Steam), and I've run into a strange graphical issue.
    The entire terrain is invisible. Chunks of it only turn visible when turning the camera down to face it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think this is the same issue that appears in Derail Valley with its terrain (which is also a game made in Unity).
    Does anyone know something I can try to fix this?

Technical report ID is: 456828025
    Windows 11 VM (on an Apple M2 Mac Studio)

Thank you,
    - pemoz

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Shut down the Virtual Machine. Make sure that the virtual machine is shut down. If it is in a suspended state, please run it and then shut down (Actions > Shut Down).
    2. Open the Virtual Machine's Configuration (https://kb.parallels.com/117287) > Hardware > Boot Order > Advanced Settings > Boot flags.
    3. Paste the following text in the "Boot flags" field:
    video.dx_profile=11
    4. Run the virtual machine and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know if the above steps, helped to solve the issue ?
    If the issue persists, collect an additional technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this post.
    Thank you.

pemoz likes this.
  3. pemoz

pemoz Member

@Pramesh Boodadoo Thank you for your reply!
    I've tried what you suggested, though unfortunately it seemed to have no effect.

The new technical report ID is: 456913233